Soon? The Mars Volta

Is anyone else stuck in limbo in Gardena, CA? My box that has been sitting there ‘Awaiting Shipment! since 04/20 with zero movement.

Is this a normal thing for USPS? Has anyone heard of potential issues with this release? Anyone else experiencing this or have more info?

Obviously, the box that is pretty expensive and curiosity is at an all-time high for what is going on...

7 minutes ago, thetrackt said:

Is anyone else stuck in limbo in Gardena, CA? My box that has been sitting there ‘Awaiting Shipment! since 04/20 with zero movement.

Is this a normal thing for USPS? Has anyone heard of potential issues with this release? Anyone else experiencing this or have more info?

Obviously, the box that is pretty expensive and curiosity is at an all-time high for what is going on...

Same thing happening with me! It’s really bumming me out. 

15 minutes ago, thetrackt said:

There are a ton of these and probably boxing as fast as they can.  Mines sitting as pre shipment too but it will go out eventually. 

Wow! That sucks. I had something different disappear for over a week after hitting one of the mail centers in CA (I’m in VA) and all it said was “it’s on its way but it will be late.” I had to open up a case with USPS and the next day it magically showed up. I know it sounds a bit different, but it seems things are moving slowly out there.

8 minutes ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

I think the better question is has anyone actually had their package from Clouds Hill scanned in with USPS? Or are we all just at "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item"?

It's not USPS fault if this is the case.

It's not USPS's fault - they're just awaiting the package from the fulfillment center.

But to answer your question. I got my notification on 4/20 like all of you, and finally saw an update/USPS was in possession on 4/24 at 7:21pm

35 minutes ago, Justinadamk said:

It's not USPS's fault - they're just awaiting the package from the fulfillment center.

But to answer your question. I got my notification on 4/20 like all of you, and finally saw an update/USPS was in possession on 4/24 at 7:21pm

Cool so it must just be taking them a while to pack up the 3k or so orders. 

19 hours ago, euphoria said:

Anybody who ordered from Tower Records got a shipping notification?

I ordered from Tower on 3/19 and at about 3:24 AM this morning, got a shipping notification and the tracking indicates the box is physically in motion through the USPS system.

I was certain I was going to get a cancellation but I guess I got in just in time.

Sorry to everyone who got cancellations.

22 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

No but I just got a cancelation notification! 

I got cancelled too. But they sent a very apologetic email explaining the situation, and apparently are sending a “goodie bag” to say sorry. I expected a cancel anyway as I ordered mine pretty late in the game, so I can’t be mad. I’d probably want just a few of the lps, though they box set did look pretty cool.