Soon? The Mars Volta

You just know they priced them this way to calm the outrage that box set owners would explode with if it were cheaper to buy these individually and actually have these at conceivable price points.

As a box set owner, I would rather these be literally 50% of these prices which actually would be at the high end of what is justifiable for releases of this quality.

I really wanted to score a few backup copies of a few the albums but at these prices, its just too much. I might grab one or two eventually. It would be amazing if some shop like Bullmoose got distributed copies and were able to undercut these heinous costs.

I could see $25 for 1xLP, $30 for 2xLP, and 35 for 3xLP.  That's the highest I could fathom doing this.

32 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I could see $25 for 1xLP, $30 for 2xLP, and 35 for 3xLP.  That's the highest I could fathom doing this.

These prices are with DHL shipping included, so people just need to wait for the release day and buy it with cheaper shipping or from a retailer.

Also the original FTM  and Bedlam vinyl was $50 at release day so nothing new there.

My b-hole is raw from ordering those individual LPs.

What a callous and just cruel joke to force you to pay expensive shipping on each one individually.

Really hoping these show up anywhere else so I can cancel.

But at the end of the day I do "need" (lol) a copy of Deloused so they got the addict in the arm.

Also they stated in Twitter replies...

that they already have some stock laying around (box extras most likely) but once they sell through they will just press more. So its basically an open pressing. 

Edited by V3XED

23 minutes ago, highC said:

These prices are with DHL shipping included, so people just need to wait for the release day and buy it with cheaper shipping or from a retailer.

Also the original FTM  and Bedlam vinyl was $50 at release day so nothing new there.

The original Bedlam was around $42 in most retail scenarios and that was an absolutely atrocious price.

The original FTM was between $25 and $35  direct from the GSL website.

The FTM glow in the dark edition which was 4xLP in a custom PVC slip jacket was $50 direct from GSL.

If anyone with warped discs or other defects is considering reaching out to CH customer service, I highly recommend doing so. Just had a perfect correspondence asking for a replacement of Ampu LP1 and it’s all being taken care after one mail. They took my adress from my original order and ship it out on monday. Perfect. 

2 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

The original FTM was between $25 and $35  direct from the GSL website.

My bad then, I was going off on what someone said on stevehoffman forums and reddit also this photo I've found: https://imgur.com/a/SnpRFvk

But even then when you adjust for inflation $35 in 2005 today would be $47.47 today so maybe it evens out.

My OG copy of De-loused is far from great sounding, and needed Frances and Bedlam, but will hold out hope of finding Bedlam cheaper down the road as it’s moreso about compulsive completionist behavior than loving that actual record.  Bending you over on the shipping was annoying, but they know people are going to buy it regardless. 

5 hours ago, ntslash said:

What does this even mean? Why do you have to be white to enjoy going to see The National? 

it was a room full of upper middle class white folks awkwardly swaying and sopping up a black and white short film (about white people) living

I was one of a small handful of people of color (other than the people working it) at that show and can tell you that it was uncomfortable, that happens but The National was definitely a different vibe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ANYWAY WHO'S STOKED FOR MR FUCKING MUGGGGGS

49 minutes ago, highC said:

My bad then, I was going off on what someone said on stevehoffman forums and reddit also this photo I've found: https://imgur.com/a/SnpRFvk

But even then when you adjust for inflation $35 in 2005 today would be $47.47 today so maybe it evens out.

I think that price sticker is just an example of extreme markup. The standard black FTM was never more than $35 direct from GSL back in the day.

I mean, inflation is one aspect but there are still plenty of small labels putting out high quality 2xLP's for around $20 to $25. I don't think inflation alone can determine the going rate for records.

1 minute ago, mcpherson123 said:

I think that price sticker is just an example of extreme markup. The standard black FTM was never more than $35 direct from GSL back in the day.

I mean, inflation is one aspect but there are still plenty of small labels putting out high quality 2xLP's for around $20 to $25. I don't think inflation alone can determine the going rate for records.

$35 was astronomical when that came out though. 2xLPs were $14-19 in 2005.

6 minutes ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

I mean, that was a triple LP. To me, that wasn't astronomical and I was way stingier with my money then. The $50 glow in the dark seemed almost astronomical to me at the time. And I'm pretty sure FTM went from around $25 to $35 on GSL direct.

So many times around 2005 to 2006 I almost bought Deloused and Frances directly from GSL for their original retail prices and just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger. I later paid way more for all those albums including the GITD.

24 minutes ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

Yup. I vividly remember passing on it for 35€. I also no longer trust myself in any half-important issues since I  passed on it when it was on clearance for 15€ two years later, though. 

10 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I mean, that was a triple LP. To me, that wasn't astronomical and I was way stingier with my money then. The $50 glow in the dark seemed almost astronomical to me at the time. And I'm pretty sure FTM went from around $25 to $35 on GSL direct.

So many times around 2005 to 2006 I almost bought Deloused and Frances directly from GSL for their original retail prices and just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger. I later paid way more for all those albums including the GITD.

How is $35 not astronomical when other triple LPs were $20-25? It wasn't common for artists to have the balls to sell vinyl for a 50%+ markup back then and FtM sat around getting dusty for years because of it. It was only $25 when it would go on clearance. A lot went on clearance.

2 minutes ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

Yup. I vividly remember passing on it for 35€. I also no longer trust myself in any half-important issues since I  passed on it when it was on clearance for 15€ two years later, though. 

Exactly. I bought mine the second time though lol. It bought me many more records when I sold it too ha

32 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I certainly agree and the lack of poly lined sleeves on these TMV records just hurts even more when you look at the price, so I'm really interested to see how much it will be without the shipping cost.