Soon? The Mars Volta

1 hour ago, hxcoliver said:

Is there a statement they posted, or an email saying they’re going to repress it? And will it be for everyone or just those that have sent them emails complaining about the noise? 

I got an email from them stating the repress. Both my initial copy and replacement copy had the sound issue.

I had to send them videos of the issue.

40 minutes ago, tipyourbartender said:

I agree. Just got it last week. Nice packaging and sounds great. Almost worth the $65 price tag. 

For as quickly as it shipped and delivered, I think $65 isn't super crazy.  Overseas shipping is nuts right now, so if you knock off the $15-20 for that, you're looking at $45-50 for a triple LP.  I've seen single and double LPs at $45-50 these days.

5 hours ago, hxcoliver said:

Is there a statement they posted, or an email saying they’re going to repress it? And will it be for everyone or just those that have sent them emails complaining about the noise? 

"Thank you for your patience throughout the Mars Volta issues. We have heard back from the pressing plant and have two options for people who received a replacement that did not solve the issue. We will be receiving a repressing of the record, estimated to be around October, and will send out a copy to everyone who experienced the issue when we get them! In addition to this, I can offer one of the following two options while you wait for the repressing. I can either refund the cost of the Mars Volta record back to your card, or ship out one of the records on the list below now! Please let me know which option you would prefer and if you have any questions!"

You'll need to contact them to request a replacement.

6 hours ago, ex lion tamer said:

"Thank you for your patience throughout the Mars Volta issues. We have heard back from the pressing plant and have two options for people who received a replacement that did not solve the issue. We will be receiving a repressing of the record, estimated to be around October, and will send out a copy to everyone who experienced the issue when we get them! In addition to this, I can offer one of the following two options while you wait for the repressing. I can either refund the cost of the Mars Volta record back to your card, or ship out one of the records on the list below now! Please let me know which option you would prefer and if you have any questions!"

You'll need to contact them to request a replacement.

Gotcha! Thank you for that!! 

8 hours ago, highfives said:

FYI, Clouds Hill said once all of the individual releases come out, the built-in shipping will go away and you’ll be able to bundle LPs without paying for individual shipping for each.  So if you’re waiting to buy a couple, you’ll have to wait until after January to get the break in shipping cost.

JFC what a shill

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Faucet said:

I had a feeling these would hit retail in the states for 1/3 less money.

Gross ass color though. Of course everyone who bought their CH direct LP will be extra galled by the fact that a cOl0rEd variant is cheaper than their now extra expensive, obsolete and disgustingly plain black copy.

28 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I had a feeling these would hit retail in the states for 1/3 less money.

Gross ass color though. Of course everyone who bought their CH direct LP will be extra galled by the fact that a cOl0rEd variant is cheaper than their now extra expensive, obsolete and disgustingly plain black copy.

That's how the VMP version worked a few months ago and there wasn't much of an uproar. The gold VMP does indeed sound horrible compared to my black CH copy which is flawless though. I honestly think them being 20 grams too light was a bigger deal to everyone... lmao fucking weirdos.

15 minutes ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

That's how the VMP version worked a few months ago and there wasn't much of an uproar. The gold VMP does indeed sound horrible compared to my black CH copy which is flawless though. I honestly think them being 20 grams too light was a bigger deal to everyone... lmao fucking weirdos.

True that to all that. But in general I always expect backlash when people panic buy a non-color copy only to find out there is a color copy released months later. It tends to cause an uproar but you're right. The consensus overall seemed pretty chill.

5 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

True that to all that. But in general I always expect backlash when people panic buy a non-color copy only to find out there is a color copy released months later. It tends to cause an uproar but you're right. The consensus overall seemed pretty chill.

My favorite is when people claim that they were slighted or deceived by the label when this happens.  Especially when there is no mention of a one-time press or limited run.  "They lied to me and now I have to pay another $30 to own this on colored vinyl otherwise my collection is inferior!  Such bullshit.  Greedy ass dishonest labels. 😭"  I've read comments on social media that are aligned to that with ~90% accuracy, no irony or exaggeration.

2 hours ago, highfives said:

Did anyone order Amputechture or compare the CH reissue to the MOV reissue?

Based solely on the fact that I listened to the MOV once and the CH once (years apart) the CH is superior. I've not done a side by side and my setup has changed for the better since, but I'm guessing the CH is superior. Having typed all that, the MOV sounded just great. So...I dunno.