Soon? The Mars Volta

So it looks like the October pre-order for Deloused is a repress by MOV?

https://www.roughtrade.com//us/the-mars-volta/de-loused-in-the-comatorium-affaa838-2c3b-4361-9ac3-4b17d79f6e1f

If true I hope I am able to grab one at my local on street date. Variant is very slick and goes much better than the puke variant VMP did. 

This site has it for $40 https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/165314/The_Mars_Volta-De-Loused_In_The_Comatorium-Vinyl_Record?fbclid=IwAR24Wenikx6A-NMQrPJaxGDWsCERbZIw38GoO85nsqvbKyhKxqHVxHD_kSY

also, kinda strange MOV would get in on this again

and can’t they find another color to press besides gold?? 

20 minutes ago, hxcoliver said:

This site has it for $40 https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/165314/The_Mars_Volta-De-Loused_In_The_Comatorium-Vinyl_Record?fbclid=IwAR24Wenikx6A-NMQrPJaxGDWsCERbZIw38GoO85nsqvbKyhKxqHVxHD_kSY

feels like a site typo but what are the chances they half press green between A & C to ditch their remaining illegal gold stock from 2015? 

23 minutes ago, OU818 said:

feels like a site typo but what are the chances they half press green between A & C to ditch their remaining illegal gold stock from 2015? 

There was nothing "illegal" about the 2015 press. Cedric was just passed he didn't actually own the rights to his music.

4 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

There was nothing "illegal" about the 2015 press. Cedric was just passed he didn't actually own the rights to his music.

technically it was, not for Cedric but for Omar. At the time, MOV was pressing for Universal Europe as a loophole to Omar's exclusive vinyl rights as stated in their original contract. They weren't aware of the represses until Cedric went on Dean Del Rey's show (or Maron?) and explained the situation, with Dean mentioning how he was about to buy a copy until he saw Cedric's tweet about it being a bootleg. It all seemed sketchy at the time but was ultimately proven by the Cloud's Hill represses. Tremulant and the Summer Session demos were never a part of the contract hence they have been released digitally while all studio albums can only be released by the band on vinyl.

ps how can I remember that but still forget to buy dish soap after work today?

1 hour ago, OU818 said:

technically it was, not for Cedric but for Omar. At the time, MOV was pressing for Universal Europe as a loophole to Omar's exclusive vinyl rights as stated in their original contract. They weren't aware of the represses until Cedric went on Dean Del Rey's show (or Maron?) and explained the situation, with Dean mentioning how he was about to buy a copy until he saw Cedric's tweet about it being a bootleg. It all seemed sketchy at the time but was ultimately proven by the Cloud's Hill represses. Tremulant and the Summer Session demos were never a part of the contract hence they have been released digitally while all studio albums can only be released by the band on vinyl.

ps how can I remember that but still forget to buy dish soap after work today?

Him calling it a bootleg, and it being pressed due to a loophole does not make it illegal. If there wasn't a clause disallowing that pressing in the contract and MOV paid licensing to the owner of the contract (the label) then it isn't illegal. He didn't like it and didn't read the contract closely enough. The Cloud Hill represses that came 5ish years later don't prove anything regarding legality of previous presses.

1 minute ago, Justinadamk said:
The Black Keys will release a special tenth anniversary edition of their landmark seventh studio album El Camino via Nonesuch Records on November 5, 2021. 
El Camino (10th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) will be available in several formats including a Super Deluxe edition of five vinyl LPs or four CDs, featuring a remastered version of the original album, a previously unreleased Live in Portland, ME concert recording, a BBC Radio 1 Zane Lowe session from 2012, a 2011 Electro-Vox session, an extensive photo book, a limited-edition poster and lithograph, and a “new car scent” air freshener.
A three-LP edition, which include the remastered album and the live recording, will also be available, as well as a special fan club version of the three-LP set. The Super Deluxe version will also be available digitally.
spacer.png

Black Keys?  In my Mars Volta thread?

On 9/15/2021 at 7:30 PM, hxcoliver said:

grabbed it from here, came out to like $52 shipped to cali. 

On 9/17/2021 at 5:04 PM, tokimedo said:

grabbed it from here, came out to like $52 shipped to cali. 

just got this email from acoustic sounds

Hello,

We'd like to ship The Mars Volta/De-Loused In The Comatorium, that you ordered; unfortunately it will not be coming back in stock. We're sorry the item you ordered is sold out and no longer available. If you paid for this order with a credit card you have not been charged, we do not charge until your order ships. If you paid with Paypal you will be issued a refund within 72 hours. Thanks for being an AcousticSounds.com customer and letting us serve you. 
Unfortunately we were informed by the label that this title will be an indie exclusive and we will not be receiving any in stock. We do greatly apologize for any inconvenience this may of caused. 

1 hour ago, hxcoliver said:

What do they mean by “indie exclusive”?

What do you mean, “what do they mean by “indie exclusive”?”  Brick and mortar exclusives; Bull Moose, Zia, Rough Trade, and your local indie shops.  How could that be interpreted any other way?

7 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Just read the title of this thread, is something going up for preorder soon from TMV?

Since CH are apparently doing colored indie exclusives, from the looks of it, I imagine that any record could potentially receive a colored variant up for order “soon”.  Fingers crossed for a nice FTM color way.  That glow-in-the-dark ain’t it.

36 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Since CH are apparently doing colored indie exclusives, from the looks of it, I imagine that any record could potentially receive a colored variant up for order “soon”.  Fingers crossed for a nice FTM color way.  That glow-in-the-dark ain’t it.

I'd take FTM but for the sake of consistency with my brand I would prefer MTF