Soon? The Mars Volta

On 6/21/2021 at 10:29 AM, daegor said:

I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but I'll compare it to this pressing tonight:  https://www.discogs.com/The-Mars-Volta-Tremulant-EP/release/128211 

So the new pressing is very nice.  No pops/clicks/noise.  There isn't a huge difference in the audio quality, I think this pressing is a little more quiet than the yellow marble.

However, I also received a copy of Tremulant from the EU store yesterday, an order which I had cancelled, and it came with fucking COD charges.  We'll see if they respond but I'm probably just going to end up disputing the credit card payment.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Wasn’t MOV’s a similar shade of opaque gold?  Didn’t seem to stop people from dropping $200+ on it.

Yeah, it matches the cover super well too, and looks fine in person. (The MOV). Whiners gonna whine though. Pretty much all their recent posts are complaints about something.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, DeathPeak said:

Got my Cloud Hills Deloused. Didn't even get a shipping notification. Just showed up. Small seam splits and pretty basic packaging, but I'm just glad to have a copy.

Yeah they sent me a replacement jacket for Deloused. Arrived unannounced. Now if I could just get the replacement LP I actually needed.

On 6/23/2021 at 10:02 AM, daegor said:

However, I also received a copy of Tremulant from the EU store yesterday, an order which I had cancelled, and it came with fucking COD charges.  We'll see if they respond but I'm probably just going to end up disputing the credit card payment.

FWIW I had to open a dispute, then they refunded me in full, never asked for the EP back so I flipped that shit 🤷‍♂️

18 hours ago, DeathPeak said:

Did you ask for a replacement or did they just randomly send you one knowing that there would be splits from the vinyl?

If this was for me, I had opened a ticket months ago saying I needed a Deloused LP1, LP2 from Noctourniquet, and a jacket for Noctourniquet.  Both the LPs look rough, but play mostly fine except for the visible non-fill causing it’s signature paper ripping sound. The Noctourniquet jacket looked liked someone sat on it prior to stuffing it, as everything else in the box is in perfect condition. 

they sent me a jacket for Deloused. I emailed them. I’m sure they’ll make it right. Things may be slow right now, but the CS has been good.

Got De-loused today, did a comparison of the MOV silver pressing to this, used B side of LP1.

They are both really good, I'd say that Clouds Hill is extremely slightly clearer. But barely noticeable.

Bare in mind I just have an Audio-Technica 60 with a shit receiver and an old surround 

13 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Geez can’t we get someone with a $1500 setup in here to do the comparison?

$1500 by what metric? I have a cobbled together vintage system, several actually, but my main system is an Ortofon Red on a Technics SL-5300 into a Marantz 2270 feeding a pair of Pioneer CS-G301W speakers.

The cost to me for all of those components was roughly $1000. Speaker cable cost is negligible. Its fairly heavy gauge from a spool that I'm pretty sure is Monster brand but by no means is it some wild, boutique level component.

All of those components, had they been bought brand new around their production years, may have costed well over $4000. Adjust for inflation and... who the fuck knows what anything is actually ever worth?

30 minutes ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

It's not that wild of a number if you're always on the lookout for used deals. My turntable alone was almost that much in the 70s but I got it for free.

Yeah, and that's pretty much the way I put my systems together. Just ravenously stalked eBay and craigslist and managed to get lucky on a few key pieces of gear.