Jump to content

Soon? The Mars Volta


Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I listened to the leaked youtube upload yesterday a few times and was intrigued but generally underwhelmed. Listened for the first time today with headphones to the official TMV YouTube page audio and the song seriously hit for me. I'm very much into it. I do feel that it could have been longer with a tempo transition or a half time bridge or something to really vary it up but being just what it is, I can really accept and enjoy it as is. Of course I'm the type of fan that if TMV come back, I'm going to have immediate critique of what's happening because of my fanaticism but overall I'm pleasantly surprised on how this track landed and I can't wait to hear more and get the details a full LP if that's what is awaiting us.

I listened to the single like 10 times on repeat on my way to work and I noticed a couple of things.  First, it loops back into itself pretty well, so that's fun.  But more importantly, the way it starts and ends make me think it not only comes directly out of a track that proceeds it, but builds into the following track, most likely seamlessly.  

If you listen to the bongos/congas right at the end, they start to do a double time thing and pick up in speed and intensity, like a short build into the next track.   What I'm hoping is they carved out a little 3 minute breather that was a nice, solid tune they could carve off as a lead-in single.

I know they've done abrupt cuts, intros, and outros on other albums, so I could be way off, but that's what I'm hoping; banger>3 minute tune>banger

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, highfives said:

I listened to the single like 10 times on repeat on my way to work and I noticed a couple of things.  First, it loops back into itself pretty well, so that's fun.  But more importantly, the way it starts and ends make me think it not only comes directly out of a track that proceeds it, but builds into the following track, most likely seamlessly.  

If you listen to the bongos/congas right at the end, they start to do a double time thing and pick up in speed and intensity, like a short build into the next track.   What I'm hoping is they carved out a little 3 minute breather that was a nice, solid tune they could carve off as a lead-in single.

I know they've done abrupt cuts, intros, and outros on other albums, so I could be way off, but that's what I'm hoping; banger>3 minute tune>banger

I had a similar thought. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hears it that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, highfives said:

I listened to the single like 10 times on repeat on my way to work and I noticed a couple of things.  First, it loops back into itself pretty well, so that's fun.  But more importantly, the way it starts and ends make me think it not only comes directly out of a track that proceeds it, but builds into the following track, most likely seamlessly.  

If you listen to the bongos/congas right at the end, they start to do a double time thing and pick up in speed and intensity, like a short build into the next track.   What I'm hoping is they carved out a little 3 minute breather that was a nice, solid tune they could carve off as a lead-in single.

I know they've done abrupt cuts, intros, and outros on other albums, so I could be way off, but that's what I'm hoping; banger>3 minute tune>banger

I thought the same thing too thag it’s going to lead into something a bit more upbeat and banging. Especially that it picks up right at the end and just abruptly cuts off. Let’s hope we’re right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

New album :

spacer.png

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B0B72B3NRC/

09/16/2022

1 - Blacklight Shine

2 - Graveyard Love

3 - Shore Story

4 - Blank Condolences

5 - Vigil

6 - Que Dios Te Maldiga Mi Corazon

7 - Cerulea

8 - Flash Burns from Flashbacks

9 - Palm Full of Crux

10 - No Case Gain

11 - Tourmaline

12 - Equus 3

13 - Collapsible Shoulders

14 - The Requisition

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, At The Mars Spartamasque said:

WHAT is with those physical media prices????

 

How the fuck much more does being kinetic need to boost the premium on a single LP out here? 

 

I'll buy this for $29.99 max if I see it for that much or less somewhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scruffy...the janitor said:

The new song makes me question my tickets the LA show. And now you want me to preorder $40 single LP. You have gone a step too far, good sirs.  

Vigil ? Listened to it this morning... 🤢 I'm quite sure Incubus (to name one) took them by both hands to the hell of lost bands... They should have stopped it really earlier or like Antemasque, don't call it Mars Volta, by respect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah that song sucks, cliche maroon 5 sounding shit...

And after paying stupid dollars for the reissues from clouds hill then to have a million variants available everywhere way cheaper... there is zero chance I'll preorder this at 40 euro plus shipping.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, the difference between the “kinetic” version from the cloudshill store and the regular version is the gold foil cover? 
 

I’m also not crazy about the newest song. The first two singles were decent, but so far the new album hasn’t been quite what I was hoping for. Oh well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, achillesstand7 said:

So, the difference between the “kinetic” version from the cloudshill store and the regular version is the gold foil cover? 
 

I’m also not crazy about the newest song. The first two singles were decent, but so far the new album hasn’t been quite what I was hoping for. Oh well. 

I found this response helpful on this post - https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg4GezpAtLo/

 

 spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Multiverse said:

Happy TMV are back while also accepting it's unlikely I'm gonna dig this record based on the singles

pretty much the same way I didn't care for Antemasque+ATDI reunion

I wish I didn’t like this post but it’s nearly spot on after the three singles just kept sliding further with each one.

 

I liked Blacklight, as while different was still kind of creepy or dark in its own right and could have been a lighter song on the album similar to The Widow, but no, it doesn’t sound like it at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Multiverse said:

Happy TMV are back while also accepting it's unlikely I'm gonna dig this record based on the singles

I think the only thing more surprising than a new Mars Volta album in 2022 is the fact that anyone thought it would be remotely good.  But I also say this as someone who thought their discography really nosedived as it went on.  Had zero expectations when I heard they were releasing new music, and so far it sounds like indifference was probably the right move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×