Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They check everyone’s Last.fm and decide by Volta scrobbles per capita. 

Y'all should like this. Two people lost money trying to flip this  

What if FTM is engraved into the box and we have to buy a specialty turntable with 4 inches between the platter and needle so we can play it?

3 minutes ago, kannibal said:

You’re hoping it’s more overpriced box sets? 
 

You got me. I have to admit I didn’t think your posts in this thread were cleaver or funny enough to be troll posts, but clearly I was mistaken. 

Yes because I already bought one. It was a selfish answer not a troll answer. I wouldn't have bought one if individual copies were available, I would have bought the 3 records I want for well under $500. Sorry for offending you and your gods.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

Yes because I already bought one. It was a selfish answer not a troll answer. I wouldn't have bought one if individual copies were available, I would have bought the 3 records I want for well under $500. Sorry for offending you and your gods.

Didn’t offend me. Gods? No. I do really love TMV’s music, though. I already bought one too, and I don’t care about the rarity. I hope this announcement is individual releases. Hard to say what individual releases would do to the value of a /5000 box set. Maybe you can sell the box and grab the individuals. The collectibles market is so crazy right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jim Steele said:

Wouldn’t a lot of people cancel their preorders if individual releases are announced? Especially if they’re colored variants. Only reason I ordered the box is that I want these records on vinyl. Could definitely do without the etchings, book, pins etc. though. 

They could probably try to pull the "all sales are final" card, and just hope fans won't bother fighting them on it, but yeah... that's exactly why they wouldn't dream of announcing individual or colored copies first – or simultaneously – when launching the boxset pre-order.

Edited by Derek™
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kannibal said:

Didn’t offend me. Gods? No. I do really love TMV’s music, though. I already bought one too, and I don’t care about the rarity. I hope this announcement is individual releases. Hard to say what individual releases would do to the value of a /5000 box set. Maybe you can sell the box and grab the individuals. The collectibles market is so crazy right now. 

You literally said my post could only possibly be a troll post. If you had a clear mind you could have come to a different conclusion. That equals offended.

 

And yes they are your Gods. Otherwise you'd just be getting offended over two regular guys and that's super weird.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

You literally said my post could only possibly be a troll post. If you had a clear mind you could have come to a different conclusion. That equals offended.

 

And yes they are your Gods. Otherwise you'd just be getting offended over two regular guys and that's super weird.

If I had a clear mind I could have come to a different conclusion? Now you’re just embarrassing yourself.

 

I thought troll earlier due to your staunch defense of contracts and the enforcement of them through the court system. Imagine thinking government or corporations haven’t ever dragged out legal proceedings to drain the opposing party of time, money, and will until they give up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kannibal said:

If I had a clear mind I could have come to a different conclusion? Now you’re just embarrassing yourself.

 

I thought troll earlier due to your staunch defense of contracts and the enforcement of them through the court system. Imagine thinking government or corporations haven’t ever dragged out legal proceedings to drain the opposing party of time, money, and will until they give up.

Yes, if you weren't already angry at me for not automatically agreeing with your God you wouldn't have decided to make a relatively stupid reply to what you thought was such an obvious troll attempt.

 

I supported my earlier posts by saying Gold Standard Laboratories probably had the vinyl rights and not specifically Omar in name. It makes more sense than any of you saying they broke contract because they're a big company and they just can.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hxcoliver said:

Yeah I don’t believe the contract is that clear cut. There must’ve been some gray area or loophole that universal took advantage of. Or else they wouldn’t just outright do what they did. 
but who knows. It was pretty fucked up though as the band didn’t get any money from it. Which is probably why they’re still so mad about it. 

At the time, the word from MOV was they thought the European rights were somehow different. IIRC they pretty much defended themselves to the end as they took the brunt of the rage while the problem was supposedly on Universal's end. I can't believe I remember that because I don't even remember this morning.

 

*also they never pressed Bedlam In Goliath so the entire interview is, in Volta fashion, not to be believed. 

Edited by OU818
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OU818 said:

At the time, the word from MOV was they thought the European rights were somehow different. IIRC they pretty much defended themselves to the end as they took the brunt of the rage while the problem was supposedly on Universal's end. I can't believe I remember that because I don't even remember this morning.

 

*also they never pressed Bedlam In Goliath so the entire interview is, in Volta fashion, not to be believed. 

The issue with Deloused and Amputechture being pressed by MOV is that that deal cut out Omar/Cedric. And I believe the issue with Bedlam is that Universal pressed it themselves which also cut Omar/Cedric out.  My copy has the Universal logo and the RLP logo on it but I think there may been an identical second run  from Universal that wasn't sanctioned by Omar. I'm not totally sure on that one but that was what I took away from the interview. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OU818 said:

At the time, the word from MOV was they thought the European rights were somehow different. IIRC they pretty much defended themselves to the end as they took the brunt of the rage while the problem was supposedly on Universal's end. I can't believe I remember that because I don't even remember this morning.

 

*also they never pressed Bedlam In Goliath so the entire interview is, in Volta fashion, not to be believed. 

Yeah universal definitely found some loophole or something. MOV wasn’t to blame as they pressed it from what they believed was legally. They’re a legit pressing that don’t do bootlegs. When these came out I remember telling a friend who was close friends with the band about the new pressings, and his first reaction was they there’s no way this could’ve been possible since Omar has all the vinyl rights. So even this friend new about Omar having those rights and that universal was screwing them over and shouldn’t have been able to release those records. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcpherson123 said:

The issue with Deloused and Amputechture being pressed by MOV is that that deal cut out Omar/Cedric. And I believe the issue with Bedlam is that Universal pressed it themselves which also cut Omar/Cedric out.  My copy has the Universal logo and the RLP logo on it but I think there may been an identical second run  from Universal that wasn't sanctioned by Omar. I'm not totally sure on that one but that was what I took away from the interview. 

Yeah this is what I took from the interview as well. That they did an initial run for bedlam and it was supposed to end there. But that universal kept making more when they weren’t supposed to. 
 

i wonder what the deal is with Octahedron. That seems to still be currently in print with the black copies easy to come by. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Memes aside, what are your guys' honest guesses on what the announcement could be?

I predict either a bump or increase in boxsets, to make them more widely available – they never stated the 5,000 was a one-time run – or they announce that "due to overwhelming popularity", they're going to release each album individually.  As if that wasn't a part of the plan all along.

 

17 hours ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

I'm hoping it's the first one but it's gotta be one of 'em.

Unfortunately none of it.

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMUZwOyq17H/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×

oh my wow GIF by ESPN Deportes

 

Please disable AdBlock OR sign-in in order to be able to access our website...

I Understand, I'll disable it for this website