PO Now: Foxing - Draw Down The Moon

17 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Will pony up the $10 for the album release companion film tonight and will be heading to St. Louis for the super spreader release show. 

I’ll be at the STL show next week as well. My first show in almost 2 years. Be aware that at the moment masks are required for indoor events in St. Louis regardless of vaccination status (https://www.thepageant.com/covid-19/). Will be interesting to see how that works out at the show. 

I’m still deciding how I feel about it. Need to listen another 3-4 times. I’ve got an 8 hour drive to Denver today so pretty perfect timing for that.

As far as first impressions go I’m leaning towards Bailystok being my favorite track right now. Surprisingly the singles are the stronger songs on the album imo.

I wouldn’t say this is up their with Nearer My God or Dealer but it’s probably better than The Albatross. I only say that because of the experience and maturity in song writing.

At Least We Found The Floor sounds like their best take on a The National song.

I’d say it’s good but not my favorite. It’s not terrible like some were expecting after the singles.

Edit: Surprisingly Speak With The Dead is the best song in the context of the album and I DID NOT like that song very much until now. I think I would have enjoyed a whole album in the vein of that song more than this.

Edited by RadDonut

1 hour ago, RadDonut said:

Edit: Surprisingly Speak With The Dead is the best song in the context of the album and I DID NOT like that song very much until now. I think I would have enjoyed a whole album in the vein of that song more than this.

I really hate that this was the first single. Didn't present the song in a good light and also spoiled the end of the record. Really weird when bands do this.

2 hours ago, MacDonals said:

Yeah, I didn't pre-order this because I wasn't enthusiastic about the direction. Now that I've listened to the full album, I think I need it for the vinyl collection. Lots of variants still available, but bummed that the 180G black is sold out...

I have an extra sealed copy of the indie exclusive variant for cost if you’re interested haha

19 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

I have an extra sealed copy of the indie exclusive variant for cost if you’re interested haha

Much appreciated, that one looked nice. I went with the SmartPunk version actually. I usually try to get the black / 180g if available, but of course, missed this one.

On 8/6/2021 at 9:50 AM, Justinadamk said:

Anyone get a shipping notice from Newbury Comics for this one yet? First time doing a preorder through them, and kinda thought it would at least be shipped by release day

I emailed them the other day and they said they didn't get them from the distributor yet.  They estimated about a week delay.

13 hours ago, iwokeinrelief said:

Was the Rough Trade /200 black and green swirl mentioned yet?

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/foxing/draw-down-the-moon/lp-plus
Honestly don’t remember seeing it before, but it’s Friday the 13th so I’ve been drinking and watching horror movies so 🥴

Not sure if it had a direct link in the thread, but all were announced with this post - https://twitter.com/hopelessrecords/status/1398030213829730305/photo/1