PO Now: Foxing - Draw Down The Moon

Just listening to it a few times (and having  gone to the show over the weekend) I think NMG had higher highs but I like this more as an album - there are some skippable tracks for me on NMG, but I like all these songs. We’ll see how that holds up for me - I felt the same way about the last Manchester Orchestra album and now I find most of the second half pretty forgettable. 

Small gripe about my Smartpunk vinyl - the numbering on the plastic sleeve is great, but they printed it so the opening is at the bottom, which, doesn’t really protect the bottom from shelf wear. Is everyone else’s like that? My other Smartpunk releases have not been done that way. 

• 1 month later...

Came here to ask if the Smartpunk variant was shipping yet, which apparently it is. Ordered from them 3 weeks ago and haven't received any shipping notification. Wondered if I had missed a pressing delay, but it doesn't sound like it. Weird.

Edit: What the heck, just got a shipment email. Spooky.

Edited by rcafilm

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
4 hours ago, andables said:

Conor just released his second solo LP :  https://smidley.bandcamp.com/album/here-comes-the-devil

Looks like it is up for order here: https://www.smidleyband.com/

Stuff like this really deserves its own thread. I'm not into it, but people may miss it if it's just buried in here.

1 hour ago, 75 percent oof said:

Stuff like this really deserves its own thread. I'm not into it, but people may miss it if it's just buried in here.

The vinyl has been up for preorder for a few months. I don’t think hardly anyone here gives a shit about Foxing or side projects after the last few albums so it’s probably fine.

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

The vinyl has been up for preorder for a few months. I don’t think hardly anyone here gives a shit about Foxing or side projects after the last few albums so it’s probably fine.

You're probably right about nobody caring, it just seems like people are weirdly afraid to post new threads about new releases lately and look up old or unrelated threads from a related band to say something about it.

It can definitely be frustrating when someone starts a new thread for a rerelease of something that already has a thread, but I think it would be even more frustrating to miss out on something because it only got a mention in some other thread.