Represses

Here's a recap of my day:

7:30am - A Wilhelm Scream - Woke up to a notification email that those represses went live during the night instead of what was expected to be 10:00am. Scrambled to my computer to get those.
11:00am - Saves the Day - Easy peasy. On to the next.
11:15am - State Lines - Got the Counter Intuitive newsletter that they had 50 copies of the State Lines record they were giving away for free to anyone who ordered the other state lines record they repressed. I own copies of both these already, but whatever, $15 for 2 records I love, I'll variant chase at that point.
1:00pm - Yellowcard - Had somewhere to be at 1:30 so I was driving. Pulled off the highway into a parking lot at 12:55 to fuck around on my phone for the drop. Internet connection sucked, website crashed, missed out.
2:00 - The Lawrence Arms - Had to order both the single colored LP and the shirt bundle, you know cause Fat is sneaky like that.

Some might say (my wife) that I have a problem. I'm just hoping I can make it until dinner with out having to spend another $100 dollars.

6 minutes ago, kylet said:

7:30am - A Wilhelm Scream - Woke up to a notification email that those represses went live during the night instead of what was expected to be 10:00am. Scrambled to my computer to get those.
11:15am - State Lines - Got the Counter Intuitive newsletter that they had 50 copies of the State Lines record they were giving away for free to anyone who ordered the other state lines record they repressed. I own copies of both these already, but whatever, $15 for 2 records I love, I'll variant chase at that point.
1:00pm - Yellowcard - Had somewhere to be at 1:30 so I was driving. Pulled off the highway into a parking lot at 12:55 to fuck around on my phone for the drop. Internet connection sucked, website crashed, missed out.
2:00 - The Lawrence Arms - Had to order both the single colored LP and the shirt bundle, you know cause Fat is sneaky like that.

Some might say (my wife) that I have a problem. I'm just hoping I can make it until dinner with out having to spend another $100 dollars.

The Mars Volta box or not a true fan of represses. 

Just now, kannibal said:

The Mars Volta box or not a true fan of represses. 

haha I heard that was about the same price as a mortgage payment. Thankfully I'm not the biggest Mars Volta fan so I wasn't following that one. I fuck with like one of two at the drive-in LPs and that's enough for me to get my rocks off. 

I haven't been active on the vinylboard in a long long time.  No pre-orders or whatever, didn't really care.  I did the LTJ SmartPunk pre-orders.  Anthem sounds like shit.  Lesson learned on that one.

Thought it would be cool to grab Ocean Ave cuz I had the rest of their records.  Wait until Noon here in Chicago, re-fresh the website.  Order 1 album cuz I don't flip.  Sold out.  Try to get a black one.  Go to enter my info, the box to enter has no connection to server, but their website works somehow.  5 mins later, there is a yellow one on eBay for 145.00

God bless the re-press era, ill stick to what I have

48 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

I wanna know where you folks live that 500 bucks is a mortgage payment

I'm totally kidding. But you could pull it off in Buffalo, NY. My mortgage is roughing $1800 a month and I live in a nice area. I have a 30 year on a 320k house that I put about 100k down on when I bought it. I've never directly asked my mom but I'd image hers is around $600-$700 a month. The house I grew up in would probably sell today for 100-110k.  1500 sq feet or so. Not a bad neighborhood, but not really a good one. Just run down suburbs of Buffalo. You move to the east side of Buffalo, I guarantee you could cut the payment down to a lot less than $500. Buffalo is pretty awesome. It's cheap to live, the job market is just trash. My wife works remote for a company based on out Boston, so we live on a Boston salary on Buffalo cost of living. It's pretty sweet haha.

Just wanted to take a minute to appreciate an old school like VC thread where its not just about a PO, (specific) repress, or some newjack asking why some horrible record hasn't been pressed/repressed.

Edited by GradedOnACurve

2 hours ago, kylet said:

I'm totally kidding. But you could pull it off in Buffalo, NY. My mortgage is roughing $1800 a month and I live in a nice area. I have a 30 year on a 320k house that I put about 100k down on when I bought it. I've never directly asked my mom but I'd image hers is around $600-$700 a month. The house I grew up in would probably sell today for 100-110k.  1500 sq feet or so. Not a bad neighborhood, but not really a good one. Just run down suburbs of Buffalo. You move to the east side of Buffalo, I guarantee you could cut the payment down to a lot less than $500. Buffalo is pretty awesome. It's cheap to live, the job market is just trash. My wife works remote for a company based on out Boston, so we live on a Boston salary on Buffalo cost of living. It's pretty sweet haha.

If I hadn't moved in 2016, my mortgage would still be $770 in Upstate, NY.

19 hours ago, kylet said:

giphy.gif

P.S.  I pay double most of your mortgages in rent *cries*

Edited by V3XED

20 hours ago, kylet said:

Don't worry man. Since I joined the VC boards last May, the amount of preorders and money I've spent on lps is ridiculous. Since the pandemic started my company decided to give us an extra $5 hour and some additional nal bonuses around Christmas time. My wife is always content when I don't mention about another preorder for one day.