Furnace Fest 2021

30 minutes ago, angryalan said:

If this were happening in 2022 I would consider going, but it seems irresponsible to host a large music festival this year, even if it is in late September.

We have no idea what September is going to look like. Everyone in this country will have the opportunity to have a vaccine by the end of May. Why would scheduling it in January 2022 make any difference? Quit believing all the fear mongering bullshit you read. 

It's not like this is tomorrow. If the situation turns sour they can always cancel. Other festivals have been announced (punk rock bowling is the same weekend) and Alabama football is probably going to have 90,000 people in their stadium.

37 minutes ago, shenanigans said:

We have no idea what September is going to look like. Everyone in this country will have the opportunity to have a vaccine by the end of May. Why would scheduling it in January 2022 make any difference? Quit believing all the fear mongering bullshit you read. 

Chill.

I check the CDC site frequently and I work for a state government. We are currently still relying on individual States to disperse vaccines and so far some have incredibly slow rollouts or websites that are confusing for eligible users or become overloaded with registrations. Yes, it’s only early March and September is still far off, so anything is possible. I’m still entitled to my own personal doubts.

I’ve got tickets to four Rage Against The Machine shows in August and I still think it will be postponed for a second time. I have the patience to wait another year for concerts. Do you?

As someone who is vaccinated I would LOVE to go to this, but I doubt I could find anyone to go with due to the state of the pandemic. The vaccine rollout has been a trainwreck here. Personally I have no idea whether or not this will happen. I could see it happening with low ticket sales, or a lot of bands dropping. I know they're going to play by ear but to me it seems like they're taking on a huge financial risk doing it in September. I wish everyone involved the best.

1 hour ago, Tidal Wave said:

Did the last furnace fest happen or is this just the rescheduled one?

If this is rescheduled did people get refunds from the first one?

This is the new lineup for what was supposed to happen last year.    They gave everyone the opportunity to snag refunds or wait it out.   According to what I've heard they had very few folks request refunds so they went ahead.    They had a decent amount of Drop/Add band-wise, but this is the current state of it.    Unfortunately the new dates happen to fall when I will be visiting Jackson Hole, Wyoming.....I'm fairly bummed about it.   Part of me secretly wishes it gets pushed back again.

On 3/6/2021 at 2:41 AM, N8TRU said:

As someone who is vaccinated I would LOVE to go to this, but I doubt I could find anyone to go with due to the state of the pandemic. The vaccine rollout has been a trainwreck here. Personally I have no idea whether or not this will happen. I could see it happening with low ticket sales, or a lot of bands dropping. I know they're going to play by ear but to me it seems like they're taking on a huge financial risk doing it in September. I wish everyone involved the best.

On 3/6/2021 at 2:19 PM, somethingvinyl said:

I want to go, but who knows what September looks like. I've received both doses of the Moderna vaccine but my son hasn't nor his mom.

The US will have enough doses for everyone to get their first shot by the end of May.

It may be longer for your son because of the way clinical trials work for children - they have to go in steps i.e. 16-18 then 14-16 then 12-14. It will probably a while before we're vaccinating young children, but they're also not really getting sick.

This whole pandemic and lockdowns and work from home has essentially made me agoraphobic. Even going to the store down the road from my house, I get anxious and borderline freaking out. 

Part of me wants for the re-scheduled dates to be postponed...again...but at the time, I want life to get back to some semblance of normalcy at some point. 

It's just been a bitter pill to swallow day in and day out. 

19 hours ago, jhulud said:

This whole pandemic and lockdowns and work from home has essentially made me agoraphobic. Even going to the store down the road from my house, I get anxious and borderline freaking out. 

Part of me wants for the re-scheduled dates to be postponed...again...but at the time, I want life to get back to some semblance of normalcy at some point. 

It's just been a bitter pill to swallow day in and day out. 

Caaaaaan relate to this whole-heartedly 

Pretty messed up that Underoath gets top billing over Converge on Friday, and I say that as someone who has listened to far more Underoath in his life.

Also, could there be any more mid-2000s Tooth & Nail representation on here? I mean, was Terminal's one album really seminal enough to justify a 15-year reunion, or did Jonezetta just not respond to their emails?

52 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

Pretty messed up that Underoath gets top billing over Converge on Friday, and I say that as someone who has listened to far more Underoath in his life.

Also, could there be any more mid-2000s Tooth & Nail representation on here? I mean, was Terminal's one album really seminal enough to justify a 15-year reunion, or did Jonezetta just not respond to their emails?

Furnace Fest was always a secret Christian fest.