Furnace Fest 2021

They just cancelled the New Orleans Jazz Fest, which was scheduled for 2-3 weeks after Furnace Fest. Louisiana and Alabama have virtually identical low vaccination rates. Any chance we see another delay/outright cancellation, or are they gonna plow ahead?

Edited by smailtronic

35 minutes ago, smailtronic said:

They just cancelled the New Orleans Jazz Fest, which was scheduled for 2-3 weeks after Furnace Fest. Louisiana and Alabama have virtually identical low vaccination rates. Any chance we see another delay/outright cancellation, or are they gonna plow ahead?

I get the feeling that it’ll get delayed or maybe cancelled altogether. Bands have started to drop. 

We're now 14 days past the start of Lolla, and there have been 203 documented Covid cases among the 385,000+ attendees. If FF was waiting for this as a bellwether, they may be feeling better about moving forward. Granted, Lolla was requiring vax or a negative test, and I still haven't heard either of those from FF.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSfc3cKJC9R/?utm_medium=copy_link

Shout out to DWP for doing the best thing in interest of everyone, especially those touring who desperately need the income. Lots of whiners but they're all from the states where hospitals are ready to collapse. No freedom without responsibility 🤘 It's too bad this festival is in a very anti-science state but hopefully they can make the fest happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unoriginal Vinyl is doing some vinyl collabs with Solid State Records each day of the fest. But they are only selling at the fest. (Check UV on Facebook)

IF someone wants to be a pal and pick up the three "mystery" releases, I'd really appreciate it. Can reimburse and send a little extra also!