PO NOW: MxPx - Box Set!

The Official MxPx Vinyl Record Box Set
Available For Pre Order on March 19th at 10am PST - ONLY at MXPX.COM
• Includes TEN full-length records (14 LPs in Total)
• Original CD Artwork, just like you remember buying them off the shelves
• All original audio and masters!
• Each Double LP is adorned with a screen printed PX head on side D of the vinyl
• Unique, split-color vinyl variants for each album, which will only be featured in this set
• Features high gloss printed inner sleeves, with retrospective commentary written by each band member to bring you all those Misplaced Memories
• Each album will come with an additional insert featuring official lyrics, completely vetted and approved by Mike Herrera
• Limited-edition, Zoetropic Slipmat featuring a newly “animated” Pokinatcha Punk just Walking Bye
• New, hardcover book called “Dear MxPx” which includes vibrant collages of fan letters sent to the band throughout the years
• Durable, hardcover, debossed outer-casing with an inner-wrap of live band photography
• Limited to 1500 Copies

Edited by andables

• andables changed the title to PO Soon: MxPx - Box Set!

• All original audio and masters!

Meaning they probably weren’t remastered for vinyl or anything special.. I have no intention on buying this, but the Emotion Is Dead reissue was horrible and they were 100% about the packaging/look rather than sound (if it’s Unoriginal Vinyl doing it).  But it’s MxPx so 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

15 minutes ago, bgdesign said:

They said these will be sold separately. 

Yep. I'm guessing since all but Before Everything & After have been pressed on vinyl and obtainable (albeit for high prices) for upwards of 25 years, there are a fair number of people uninterested in this except for BEAA. Hardcore fans already have everything on vinyl. 

Also, what a missed opportunity to sell a ton of box sets by including Let It Happen and making it an exclusive to the box. 

They'll be released individually. 

I wonder if BEAA will be a double vinyl.

I also wonder if this pressing of Panic will include the three demo bonus tracks the version from Side One Dummy had on it. 

I wonder further if this new pressing of Secret Weapon will include the four bonus tracks that were on Side D of the original pressing. 

4 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

I also wonder if this pressing of Panic will include the three demo bonus tracks the version from Side One Dummy had on it. 

I wonder further if this new pressing of Secret Weapon will include the four bonus tracks that were on Side D of the original pressing. 

Lastly, I'd love for someone to go back and fix the dumb production/mixing errors on BEAA. Hearing them in the final product is so cringe, especially for such a highly-produced album.

5 minutes ago, Oblivions said:

I stopped listening after Before Everything & After came out. Is there a Cliffs Notes guide for all their albums since then? I seem to remember them getting away from the poppier, polished sound of their major label records but I could be misremembering and why listen for myself when I can ask on VC.

Panic from 2005 was basically the opposite of BEAA in most ways...lots of great songs on it. I started to lose interest after that myself...there are some good songs from their 2007 and 2012 albums though. 

1 hour ago, mmhmm said:

Seems like BEAA is double along with Pokinatcha, Teenage Politics and Secret Weapon.

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Oblivions said:

I stopped listening after Before Everything & After came out. Is there a Cliffs Notes guide for all their albums since then? I seem to remember them getting away from the poppier, polished sound of their major label records but I could be misremembering and why listen for myself when I can ask on VC.

This may be controversial, but Panic is their best album. Best-sounding production, tight songwriting, and some lyrics are actually good. After that, for me, they settled into a groove similar to most punk bands that have been around 20+ years where every new album is perfectly serviceable but there's truly no reason for anyone who's not a super fan to give it a listen.

• andables changed the title to PO NOW: MxPx - Box Set!