PO NOW: MxPx - Box Set!

The Official MxPx Vinyl Record Box Set
Available For Pre Order on March 19th at 10am PST - ONLY at MXPX.COM
• Includes TEN full-length records (14 LPs in Total)
• Original CD Artwork, just like you remember buying them off the shelves
• All original audio and masters!
• Each Double LP is adorned with a screen printed PX head on side D of the vinyl
• Unique, split-color vinyl variants for each album, which will only be featured in this set
• Features high gloss printed inner sleeves, with retrospective commentary written by each band member to bring you all those Misplaced Memories
• Each album will come with an additional insert featuring official lyrics, completely vetted and approved by Mike Herrera
• Limited-edition, Zoetropic Slipmat featuring a newly “animated” Pokinatcha Punk just Walking Bye
• New, hardcover book called “Dear MxPx” which includes vibrant collages of fan letters sent to the band throughout the years
• Durable, hardcover, debossed outer-casing with an inner-wrap of live band photography
• Limited to 1500 Copies

Edited by andables

• andables changed the title to PO Soon: MxPx - Box Set!

• All original audio and masters!

Meaning they probably weren’t remastered for vinyl or anything special.. I have no intention on buying this, but the Emotion Is Dead reissue was horrible and they were 100% about the packaging/look rather than sound (if it’s Unoriginal Vinyl doing it).  But it’s MxPx so 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I saw this. I own all the LP's so I don't need this, but I don't have BE & A (because obviously it was never pressed). I don't see how a 14 LP box set can be under $300. I guess I'm on the fence. I am sure these will sell out because half of these have been OOP for twenty years.

Really don't want to spend $300+ on a box set. I just need Slowly and Everpassing.

• Unique, split-color vinyl variants for each album, which will only be featured in this set
This does kinda hints that that there will be other variants maybe selling them separate?

15 minutes ago, bgdesign said:

They said these will be sold separately. 

Yep. I'm guessing since all but Before Everything & After have been pressed on vinyl and obtainable (albeit for high prices) for upwards of 25 years, there are a fair number of people uninterested in this except for BEAA. Hardcore fans already have everything on vinyl. 

Also, what a missed opportunity to sell a ton of box sets by including Let It Happen and making it an exclusive to the box. 

They'll be released individually. 

I wonder if BEAA will be a double vinyl.

I also wonder if this pressing of Panic will include the three demo bonus tracks the version from Side One Dummy had on it. 

I wonder further if this new pressing of Secret Weapon will include the four bonus tracks that were on Side D of the original pressing. 

4 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

I also wonder if this pressing of Panic will include the three demo bonus tracks the version from Side One Dummy had on it. 

I wonder further if this new pressing of Secret Weapon will include the four bonus tracks that were on Side D of the original pressing. 

Lastly, I'd love for someone to go back and fix the dumb production/mixing errors on BEAA. Hearing them in the final product is so cringe, especially for such a highly-produced album.

5 minutes ago, Oblivions said:

I stopped listening after Before Everything & After came out. Is there a Cliffs Notes guide for all their albums since then? I seem to remember them getting away from the poppier, polished sound of their major label records but I could be misremembering and why listen for myself when I can ask on VC.

Panic from 2005 was basically the opposite of BEAA in most ways...lots of great songs on it. I started to lose interest after that myself...there are some good songs from their 2007 and 2012 albums though. 

1 hour ago, mmhmm said:

Seems like BEAA is double along with Pokinatcha, Teenage Politics and Secret Weapon.

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Oblivions said:

I stopped listening after Before Everything & After came out. Is there a Cliffs Notes guide for all their albums since then? I seem to remember them getting away from the poppier, polished sound of their major label records but I could be misremembering and why listen for myself when I can ask on VC.

This may be controversial, but Panic is their best album. Best-sounding production, tight songwriting, and some lyrics are actually good. After that, for me, they settled into a groove similar to most punk bands that have been around 20+ years where every new album is perfectly serviceable but there's truly no reason for anyone who's not a super fan to give it a listen.

• andables changed the title to PO NOW: MxPx - Box Set!