PO NOW: MxPx - Box Set!

Panic was OK. BE&A and Secret Weapon I am not a fan of.  At all. Those albums mostly turned me away from MxPx, but Mike's positive attitude during the pandemic brought me back.

Funny thing is, I spent most of the day on Tuesday working on an MxPx discography tier-list article for my blog. So I had literally just gone through their discography re-listening to the old albums, and getting more familiar with the newer ones that I didn't keep up with as much. When they announced the box-set I thought, perfect timing! Will try to remember to share the article here when I post it.

On 3/10/2021 at 1:31 PM, marc32137 said:

I was excited until I saw it goes on sale on my wedding day.  Might be a little too preoccupied.

This should be your weddung present! 

Me and my wife just threw down over a million on a house today and got it about an hour ago, and now gotta worry about selling our house. 

.... I'm still buying this boxset! 

Congrats btw! 

18 minutes ago, INRIhab said:

Me and my wife just threw down over a million on a house today and got it about an hour ago, and now gotta worry about selling our house. 

Congrats btw! 

Poseur. 

1 hour ago, INRIhab said:

Congrats btw! 

This is exactly the situation I’m in, except it was a bag of Japanese chips my wife and I threw down about an hour ago.

The price point is really interesting to me...with having to license everything from Pokinatcha through BEAA (including Secret Weapon) from Capitol/A&M, I have no doubt the price reflects that. But it's expensive enough that if you're a fan wanting only, say, three albums really badly from the set...at least from my perspective I'd start to wonder if it's worth it. 

I'm willing to bet there aren't many people hankering for Panic and the albums after it since most of them either had several variants or were available/easily obtainable for years.  I dunno, it'll be interesting to see how this sells.

5 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

Box sets, everybody wants them till you make em. 

The price for this is a little much. The Matchbox 20 box set is 5 albums (7LPs) for $120 + shipping and it comes with a 24-page book.  However they also limited it to 5000 as opposed to MxPx's 1500 so that could make a huge difference in overhead cost.

1 minute ago, mmhmm said:

Unexpected pairing but I like it. I just want BEAA.

Lol ya. I didn't get into them until Ever Passing Moment and randomly found it still sealed one day in a random shop in Montana on vacation. But Teenage Politics had those songs you'd hear in the background all the time in Jr High youth group (at least at my church) so need to at least snag that.

This is such a tough spot for me. 

I wouldn't mind BEAA. 

I have tapes of pokinatchya up to passing moment including let it happen

I would love to have panic back and the self titled

So I would essentially just getting it to be a completist.....

I am not here to boast or brag I am just wondering if its worth it to have everything in one place in one format....

I will take it to the VC jury

On 3/12/2021 at 11:48 AM, MattyIceyo said:

This is such a tough spot for me. 

I wouldn't mind BEAA. 

I have tapes of pokinatchya up to passing moment including let it happen

I would love to have panic back and the self titled

So I would essentially just getting it to be a completist.....

I am not here to boast or brag I am just wondering if its worth it to have everything in one place in one format....

I will take it to the VC jury

Wait for individual pressings, unless you really want the split colors and the box. 

• andables changed the title to PO NOW: MxPx - Box Set!