PO NOW: MxPx - Box Set!

As someone who has split up box sets...PEOPLE ASK US TO! Lol. I've had people on Discogs send me profane private messages for selling individual pieces of a box set and, literally, every time I've done it, it's because no one wants to buy the full box and then I receive at least one message asking me if I'd list titles individually. And, magically, people buy the individual titles right away.

I wonder if the angry Discogs users think I prefer to do 6 seperate transactions and get stuck with the 2 LPs no one wants and a bulky outer box instead of 1 transaction for everything.

7 hours ago, Oblivions said:

As someone who has split up box sets...PEOPLE ASK US TO! Lol. I've had people on Discogs send me profane private messages for selling individual pieces of a box set and, literally, every time I've done it, it's because no one wants to buy the full box and then I receive at least one message asking me if I'd list titles individually. And, magically, people buy the individual titles right away.

I wonder if the angry Discogs users think I prefer to do 6 seperate transactions and get stuck with the 2 LPs no one wants and a bulky outer box instead of 1 transaction for everything.

People are insane. Who cares if you split up a boxset. I literally bought it for the first 5 LPs and I'm hoping I can sell the other 5 to people who want them individually! Seems like a pretty normal thing to do...

1 hour ago, joshgrigsby said:

People are insane. Who cares if you split up a boxset. I literally bought it for the first 5 LPs and I'm hoping I can sell the other 5 to people who want them individually! Seems like a pretty normal thing to do...

9 hours ago, Buffbloom said:

People who split up box sets are straight up chaotic evil. 

1 hour ago, joshgrigsby said:

Would you split up a 2XLP because you only wanted to listed to the songs on the first record?

39 minutes ago, Oblivions said:

This maniac would happily cut chunks of vinyl from a 1 LP record because he only liked a few of the songs. There’s no depths to his depravity.

Uh, Glassjaw has already done this for us. Get with the times, man.

Edited by Boaty McBoatface

11 hours ago, Buffbloom said:

People who split up box sets are straight up chaotic evil. 

Nah. I didn’t have to spend all that money, and I don’t have to resale it if/when they decide/can sale these records individually. I got what I wanted, they got what they wanted and I saved $180 in the process.

1 hour ago, Tidal Wave said:

Would you split up a 2XLP because you only wanted to listed to the songs on the first record?

How the fuck does this even compare to a 10 album 14 LP box set of material spanning 25 years? 

27 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

The box part. 

So just because it comes in a box that contains 1/2 records that have been out of print for 20 years, the only part you want, from band you haven’t cared about in as long, you’re supposed to keep everything together because of prosperity to... what... the concept of the “box set” or the band? Because you have this asinine idea that a things should be right and good the way they come? 

If it was a band I actually cared about and liked even 2/3 of their, intensive, catalog, that’s another story. But this is better than spending more money and having a clunky box filled with 5 records that I’m not even going to touch, outside of deshrinking to check out the colors. Thanks again @mattylceyo, fully appreciate it.

Edited by MyEnemy

50 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

So just because it comes in a box that contains 1/2 records that have been out of print for 20 years, the only part you want, from band you haven’t cared about in as long, you’re supposed to keep everything together because of prosperity to... what... the concept of the “box set” or the band? Because you have this asinine idea that a things should be right and good the way they come? 

If it was a band I actually cared about and liked even 2/3 of their, intensive, catalog, that’s another story. But this is better than spending more money and having a clunky box filled with 5 records that I’m not even going to touch, outside of deshrinking to check out the colors. Thanks again @mattylceyo, fully appreciate it.

My pleasure.  

Price shaming. collection shaming, hobby shaming... Never understood why so many people get so bent out of shape about what other people do with their purchases. Is it a vinyl collector thing, a millennial thing, a first world privilege thing, or a combination of all 3? 😆

Oh what a spoiled life we must live when other people's hobbies are the worst thing we have to complain about on a given day.

Boxes are the worst part of box sets, especially oversized ones with a big lid/flap. They certainly look cool and it's neat how to see a specific artist/album encapsulated in a nice package, but they're annoying to retrieve records from especially if you're listening to the whole thing. And be honest, you're not listening to the whole MxPx box set at once, unless you have  really want your day to gradually get more mediocre over the course of 8 hours.

5 hours ago, AlexH. said:

Boxes are the worst part of box sets, especially oversized ones with a big lid/flap. They certainly look cool and it's neat how to see a specific artist/album encapsulated in a nice package, but they're annoying to retrieve records from especially if you're listening to the whole thing. And be honest, you're not listening to the whole MxPx box set at once, unless you have  really want your day to gradually get more mediocre over the course of 8 hours.

I also prefer vinyl for the convenience factor.

7 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

When I get box sets I remove the records and keep the box to poop in during the summer camping season.  Perfect height for a 3 year old.  

Pro-Tip:  The inner sleeves just take up space and they make great toilet paper for camping. Good for all ages too!