PO: Sharon Van Etten: Epic 10th Anniversary Pressing

This pressing has a bonus disc of other artists covering all the album tracks. VMP has a silver/orange variant /500. I'm not gonna bite on this since I already have this record and it's not worth it to me to pay $40 just to have an extra disc of covers. That said, Epic is a great record and if you don't already have it, this may be up your alley:

https://www.vinylmeplease.com/collections/new-this-week/products/sharon-van-etten-epic-ten

DESCRIPTION

epic Ten is a double LP of the original epic album from 2010 and a new album of epic covers, out digitally on April 16th and physically on June 11th via Ba Da Bing, plus a documentary and concert stream. To celebrate the 10th anniversary of epic’s release, and to acknowledge the convergence of Van Etten’s present and past work, she asked fellow artists she admired to cover one different song from epic. Featured artists include Fiona Apple, Lucinda Williams, Courtney Barnett, Vagabon, Big Red Machine (Aaron Dessner & Justin Vernon), IDLES, Shamir, and St. Panther. 

epic represents a crossroads for me as an artist. Going from intern to artist at Ba Da Bing, from solo folk singer to playing with a band for the first time and beginning to play shows on tour where people showed up. I am in awe of the artists who wanted to participate in celebrating my anniversary and reissue, from young inspiring musicians, to artists who took me under their wing, who I met on tour, and to artists I’ve looked up to since I was a teenager. Each one of these artists continue to influence my writing and provide a sense of camaraderie during this new era of sharing music.” - Sharon Van Etten

Edited by jerseypride

• 2 months later...