Proper care of signed records

so, you need to put it in a safe IMMEDIATELY.  Minimum of 6 inch thick stainless steel 316L gauge, submarine steel if you can find one made in that material. Inside the safe itself, place the signed record inside an airtight, vacuum sealed container. MAKE SURE no physical part of the album is touching ANYTHING else. Construct a room in your house which will be the main holding area - you'll need to construct some ramparts in case anyone comes by sea, and some trenches or a moat in case they come for it by land.  The room should be at least 25x25 in dimensions - and be sure to spring for the most expensive HVAC system you possibly can - you have NO IDEA how much value your record will lose if even a DROP of humidity touches it. Once you've got the room built and kitted out with the latest and greatest in humidity and temperature control - dig a shaft a MINIMUM of 50 feet deep. You'll need to hire a contractor who can install steel reinforced sides on this shaft so you are not at an increased risk from someone trying to tunnel in and steal the record. Lower the safe, with the record inside, down the shaft slowly - resting on the bottom where it has been stabilized against tectonic movement, earthquakes, etc.  Once the safe is safely (haha) at the bottom, you're going to want to fill in the shaft with concrete. Don't worry, the record is perfectly safe if you've followed the rest of this guide -- but this is THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP in making sure this record never sees the devilishly destructive UV rays of the sun or the horrific harm of humidity damage.

If you want to display it, make sure you take a picture (flash OFF!!!!!!!!!) before completing the above steps - then frame the picture. 

6 minutes ago, rooks said:

so, you need to put it in a safe IMMEDIATELY.  Minimum of 6 inch thick stainless steel 316L gauge, submarine steel if you can find one made in that material. Inside the safe itself, place the signed record inside an airtight, vacuum sealed container. MAKE SURE no physical part of the album is touching ANYTHING else. Construct a room in your house which will be the main holding area - you'll need to construct some ramparts in case anyone comes by sea, and some trenches or a moat in case they come for it by land.  The room should be at least 25x25 in dimensions - and be sure to spring for the most expensive HVAC system you possibly can - you have NO IDEA how much value your record will lose if even a DROP of humidity touches it. Once you've got the room built and kitted out with the latest and greatest in humidity and temperature control - dig a shaft a MINIMUM of 50 feet deep. You'll need to hire a contractor who can install steel reinforced sides on this shaft so you are not at an increased risk from someone trying to tunnel in and steal the record. Lower the safe, with the record inside, down the shaft slowly - resting on the bottom where it has been stabilized against tectonic movement, earthquakes, etc.  Once the safe is safely (haha) at the bottom, you're going to want to fill in the shaft with concrete. Don't worry, the record is perfectly safe if you've followed the rest of this guide -- but this is THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP in making sure this record never sees the devilishly destructive UV rays of the sun or the horrific harm of humidity damage.

If you want to display it, make sure you take a picture (flash OFF!!!!!!!!!) before completing the above steps - then frame the picture. 

Couldn't have said it better myself!!

19 hours ago, imasaddog said:

Hey everyone,

I ended up getting a signed vinyl a few days ago and I was wondering how you guys would store it. Currently, I have it in a sleeve and hung up on my wall. My room is generally dark and I only turn on my lamp light every now and then.

Get a LP frame with UV light protection, most craft stores have them.

On 3/16/2021 at 3:02 PM, rooks said:

I pissed myself as soon as I got to "IMMEDIATELY."