IODINE RECORDS thread (PO Now: BUCKET FULL OF TEETH)

55 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Newbury variant for 38. I really hope we reach 50-dollar single lps this year! 

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/exclusive-vinyl/products/quicksand-slip_exclusive_lp?variant=42162116198580

Here you go:

https://biggerpicturerecordings.com/collections/catalog

Not Newbury, not Quicksand, but $50+

Edited by TheGhostOfRandySavage

13 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I'd buy it if it's remastered/remixed, it's incredible how the quality declined from slip to manic compression.. it's almost unlistenable at times for me

I wish I could remember the whole story, but there was an interview with Walter like 15+ years ago where he talks about how he fought to record this with Don Fury (big accomplishment while on a major label) and Don had just changed his setup so it wasn’t recorded to tape like all the classic recordings we love from his studio. This record definitely would have been a hundred times bigger if the recording didn’t sound so thin. The songs themselves are all bangers. 

Edited by Willow_Tree_Records

30 minutes ago, Willow_Tree_Records said:

I wish I could remember the whole story, but there was an interview with Walter like 15+ years ago where he talks about how he fought to record this with Don Fury (big accomplishment while on a major label) and Don had just changed his setup so it wasn’t recorded to tape like all the classic recordings we love from his studio. This record definitely would have been a hundred times bigger if the recording didn’t sound so thin. The songs themselves are all bangers. 

This is consistent with what I’d heard - the switch to new digital technology is what changed the whole vibe.

1 hour ago, Willow_Tree_Records said:

Oh dang I did not know that.  Completely agree the songs are bangers, I just cannot listen to it from start to finish.  

On 2/6/2023 at 1:06 PM, xfactor675 said:

Newbury variant for 38. I really hope we reach 50-dollar single lps this year! 

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/exclusive-vinyl/products/quicksand-slip_exclusive_lp?variant=42162116198580

This will hit the $50 mark when their stock goes low enough.

On 2/6/2023 at 10:38 PM, jhulud said:

I hope that Manic Compression gets a reissue in this same fashion. 

I asked Walter on Instagram  if Manic would get the same treatment and both he and Iodine liked it.  So that’s a good sign.

11 hours ago, sugareggs said:

I’m the weirdo who prefers Manic, I just like the songs better. I’ll see myself out….

Same here.  It was my intro to the band.

• 3 weeks later...
  • prowl20 changed the title to all inclusive IODINE RECORDS thread (PO soon: JEROMES DREAM)

Glad the new single is actually screaming and not the awful not-even-shouting hollering that they did on their comeback LP (and on Presents, which they really should re-record with proper screaming). Hope the whole album maintains that.

With that said, instrumentals are still kinda weak though. Time will tell if the whole album maintains good energy.

• prowl20 changed the title to all inclusive IODINE RECORDS thread (PO: JEROMES DREAM-“the gray in between”)
On 2/3/2023 at 11:14 AM, Sad Heart said:

Standard 

900 x Head to Wall (Bone w/ Red/Black Splatter) - Sold Out
1000 x Fazer (Evergreen) - Sold Out on DW, available on band webstore still.

500 x Yellow — RevHQ

1000 x Red w/ Black and Yellow Marble — BV

500 x Red / Yellow Split - Smartpunk

Deluxe
250 x Dine Alone Swirl/Splatter - Friends and Family only) - Sold Out 
750 x Baphomet (Gold Swirl) - Sold Out

2000 x Yellow / Red Swirl + Book - Sold out on band webstore. Available on DW. 

Thx for this! Was kinda short for weeks and missed the bv and revolver Preorders(and apparently everything else). But smart punk still up for preorder. Was able to put a order thru. Anyone have xp with them? Never ordered from them before...

1 minute ago, faaip de oiad said:

Thx for this! Was kinda short for weeks and missed the bv and revolver Preorders(and apparently everything else). But smart punk still up for preorder. Was able to put an order thru. Anyone have xp with them? Never ordered from them before...

They’re great. They’ve been around a long long time. I actually ordered some Alexisonfire represses a couple months ago. They were a little slow cause of limited staff to send out orders, but they are great overall. There’s also a RevHQ variant who are also fantastic. 

• 3 weeks later...

second pressing of slip up on rev, gonna be up at the iodine at 11 am est

standard (this color is pretty cool)

https://revhq.com/products/quicksand-slip-30th-anniversary-edition?_pos=2&_sid=ffa0135a3&_ss=r

deluxe with a book (i think this was the same color the first time wasn't it?)

https://revhq.com/products/quicksand-slip-deluxe-edition?_pos=8&_sid=5c19e88b9&_ss=r

Edited by xfactor675

• prowl20 changed the title to IODINE RECORDS thread (PO Now: BUCKET FULL OF TEETH)