PO: Rise Against - Nowhere Generation

6 hours ago, Boaty McBoatface said:

Rise Against: riding a career based on this EXACT mentality since 2006

I would argue most current Rise Against fans don't care about those records or are even familiar with them. 

I play hockey with a kid who "loves" Rise Against. I make the playlist for our skates and throw some tracks off The Unraveling on there from time to time.  He doesn't ever know them. He's a nice guy, he's just not one of us. Music isn't his thing. He listens to what the radio presents him and that's kinda it. 

I wonder if  they still play any songs off those records live? 

20 minutes ago, kylet said:

I would argue most current Rise Against fans don't care about those records or are even familiar with them. 

I play hockey with a kid who "loves" Rise Against. I make the playlist for our skates and throw some tracks off The Unraveling on there from time to time.  He doesn't ever know them. He's a nice guy, he's just not one of us. Music isn't his thing. He listens to what the radio presents him and that's kinda it. 

I wonder if  they still play any songs off those records live? 

from thier 2019 Riotfest set:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rise-against/2019/douglas-park-chicago-il-139c81b5.html

Nothing from Unraveling, and 1 from RPM, 2 from siren, 4 from sufferer, 

Edited by roadmonkey

51 minutes ago, roadmonkey said:

from thier 2019 Riotfest set:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rise-against/2019/douglas-park-chicago-il-139c81b5.html

Nothing from Unraveling, and 1 from RPM, 2 from siren, 4 from sufferer, 

So 1 of 13. That sucks lol

Edited by kylet

2 hours ago, kylet said:

That’s a very good point, and I would say a fair assumption. I’m just not one of those fans. RA has been a band long enough to reach a new generation of ears, alongside those of us who still long for the good ol’ hardcore days. Sigh. 

1 hour ago, Boaty McBoatface said:

That’s a very good point, and I would say a fair assumption. I’m just not one of those fans. RA has been a band long enough to reach a new generation of ears, alongside those of us who still long for the good ol’ hardcore days. Sigh. 

I feel you brother. I'm just kinda over Rise Against. I'm not paying $40-50 bucks to see them play 1 song I'm chasing. I saw them plenty of times in the good ol' days, similar shows to the video Satan posted. That ship has sailed and I'm fine with it. I'm happy they are successful, it's just not my cup of tea anymore. Those 2 records will always be great. 

AFI on the other hand. Take all my money, just fuckin play something off All Hallows PLEASEEEEE!

5 minutes ago, kylet said:

I feel you brother. I'm just kinda over Rise Against. I'm not paying $40-50 bucks to see them play 1 song I'm chasing. I saw them plenty of times in the good ol' days, similar shows to the video Satan posted. That ship has sailed and I'm fine with it. I'm happy they are successful, it's just not my cup of tea anymore. Those 2 records will always be great. 

AFI on the other hand. Take all my money, just fuckin play something off All Hallows PLEASEEEEE!

This is basically how I feel too (for both Rise Against and AFI). After being really into the first two Rise Against records, I kind of stopped paying attention for some reason. I later saw them tour with Bad Religion (which, looking up now, I'm realizing was 10 years ago? Geez.), thinking I'd enjoy them and recognize a bunch of songs and I didn't really recognize anything. And that was 10 years ago, apparently. So, I'm a little too out of touch and haven't cared much for what I've heard lately. But, happy to see them succeed. Anyway, I'll see myself out...

Hello, does anyone know the pressing numbers?  I'm interested in getting the most limited variant, but can't seem to find much info.

This is a list I've gathered, but may not be accurate, and may be missing other variants.

Thanks

Red with Black Smoke Deluxe, with bonus 7" / 2000

Black and White Smoke Deluxe, with bonus 7" / ???  (I assume this is /2000 as well)

Silver with Red Flecks / 2000

Picture Disc / 2000

Exclusive Silver / ??? (from Target)

Indie Exclusive Flame / ??? (RSD)

Grey and Black Marble / ??? (Vintage Stock)

Black on Clear / 600 (Brooklyn Vegan)

Clear / ??? (FYE)

Red / ??? (Vinyl Digital)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 3:32 PM, chicomak said:

Hello, does anyone know the pressing numbers?  I'm interested in getting the most limited variant, but can't seem to find much info.

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Replay
Unmute

Current Time 0:19
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

0:19
Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:00

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

This is a list I've gathered, but may not be accurate, and may be missing other variants.

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Play
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement

Thanks

Red with Black Smoke Deluxe, with bonus 7" / 2000

Black and White Smoke Deluxe, with bonus 7" / ???  (I assume this is /2000 as well)

Silver with Red Flecks / 2000

Picture Disc / 2000

Exclusive Silver / ??? (from Target)

Indie Exclusive Flame / ??? (RSD)

Grey and Black Marble / ??? (Vintage Stock)

Black on Clear / 600 (Brooklyn Vegan)

Clear / ??? (FYE)

Red / ??? (Vinyl Digital)

FYE is /500