PO Junip - Fields Reissue (Jose Gonzalez) Mint Green /1000

3/26 - Mint Green /1000

https://store.jose-gonzalez.com/products/junip-fields-2xlp-limited-edition-mint-coloured-double-vinyl-download-code

might not be a ton of interest, and it’s an import for the US so very pricey, but this record is fantastic.  Looks like most US stores have it at about $45.  

When I don’t see a pre-order post on here I assume there’s no interest, but a recent thread on the new Assertion LP made me realize I should pull my weight. 

Edited by Dhesketh
Typo

• Dhesketh changed the title to PO Junip - Fields Reissue (Jose Gonzalez) Mint Green /1000

10 hours ago, Dhesketh said:

3/26 - Mint Green /1000

https://store.jose-gonzalez.com/products/junip-fields-2xlp-limited-edition-mint-coloured-double-vinyl-download-code

might not be a ton of interest, and it’s an import for the US so very pricey, but this record is fantastic.  Looks like most US stores have it at about $45.  

When I don’t see a pre-order post on here I assume there’s no interest, but a recent thread on the new Assertion LP made me realize I should pull my weight. 

This is a lot more interesting than some of the stuff people poop themselves over here. I'd say don't hesitate to post something different like this. I actually checked this thread because I know you dig Assertion and that album may be my AOY. We could use more variety on VC even if the thread gets buried under all the usual.

As stated above, definitely do not hesitate to post new threads for fear that they won’t mesh with general VC tastes.  I’ve seen too many good threads sink off of page 1 and never resurface, while trash nostalgia cash-grabs and Nickelodeon 7”s steal the spotlight and stay afloat.  If you find yourself excited about music that goes against this board’s grain, you’re probably doing it right.

37 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

If you find yourself excited about music that goes against this board’s grain, you’re probably doing it right.

☝️☝️☝️ Couldn’t have said it better.

I’ll also add, thank you for posting this. As much of huge fan of Joey Gonz’s as I am, I never checked out Junip. Set a reminder, in my head, to go through the discography. I should pick this up, out of principal, but it’s a little too rich for me right now. 

2 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

☝️☝️☝️ Couldn’t have said it better.

I’ll also add, thank you for posting this. As much of huge fan of Joey Gonz’s as I am, I never checked out Junip. Set a reminder, in my head, to go through the discography. I should pick this up, out of principal, but it’s a little too rich for me right now. 

Junip’s discography is short and sweet but definitely worth checking out.  Fields was a great find years back but the S/T is very solid too.

8 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Junip’s discography is short and sweet but definitely worth checking out.  Fields was a great find years back but the S/T is very solid too.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure it was the Black Refuge EP that I was first aware of, and thought “Jose Gonzalez’s ‘prog’ band, mmmmmmm, I don’t know...” I was 20 and dumb. I was way into Clap Your Hands... and Tapes & Tapes haha. So just put that off and all subsequent releases. Seems like it’s something I’d really enjoy.

12 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I prefer S/T over Fields.. but that's just my opinion. I did work for his label over here in Europe and was able to meet him once, it was a fun night