PO - The Weeknd - House of Balloons Anniversary Edition

9 minutes ago, fish said:

Nobody deserves anything for free, but UMG isn't helping themselves. They were responding to some cancellation requests in the first 1k orders telling people that they would still get the album as an apology. But now they are telling people that there was a misunderstanding and that isn't going to happen. 

No "they" weren't. Someone got lucky and a confused representative gave them this offer. Then they posted it online when they probably shouldn't have so other people started canceling expecting the same. They're also most likely outsourcing their customer service to a country where English may not be their first language... this is nothing new for an evil company to do and nonsensical customer service replies to nonsensical inquiries are gonna end up being confusing. Nobody cares if UMG is evil or whatever, these people expecting both are the actual chaotic evil assholes and shouldn't have anyone sticking up for them whether or not they feel slighted.

Agreed that the people expecting both, feeling entitled to both, and exploiting things to try and get both are terrible. But don't agree that the people who were specifically told they'd still get it can't gripe a little now that they are being told otherwise. But overall everyone just needs to get over it and move on. Records just aren't that important.

Edited by fish

25 minutes ago, fish said:

Agreed that the people expecting both, feeling entitled to both, and exploiting things to try and get both are terrible. But don't agree that the people who were specifically told they'd still get it can't gripe a little now that they are being told otherwise. But overall everyone just needs to get over it and move on. Records just aren't that important.

I guess being in the situation yourself without coming out and saying it can cause this idea that standing with these poor victims who thought they were getting a free thing is totally rational, but it isn't. 

Basically if you can't share with the whole class you can't have any of it in front of them. Whoever posted about their deal to reddit is the idiot. What did they expect? Karma points and for other people to also email the company for free records. That alone is enough to revoke whatever niceness they received.

5 hours ago, ntslash said:

Okay, I'll follow us in mid-2022 once the new version ships! 

I’ve returned to this post several times throughout the evening, and really made an effort to put myself in the shoes of someone who’d reply with this... but the fact remains; I have no idea how anyone could wholly and unequivocally misunderstand something so poorly.  It’s borderline impressive.

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I’ve returned to this post several times throughout the evening, and really made an effort to put myself in the shoes of someone who’d reply with this... but the fact remains; I have no idea how anyone could wholly and unequivocally misunderstand something so poorly.  It’s borderline impressive.

No need to spend more time on it. I was trying to make a joke about the year-long preorder. 

Obviously I missed the mark. You may carry on with more important things now. 

Edited by ntslash

• 11 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 8:05 AM, twatay said:

To me, the cover appears to be a thick art piece with crystals embedded/jutting out.  I briefly glanced at the artist’s webstore and saw a bunch of different pieces with the same crystal aesthetic (note: all showing sold out). I’m curious if the clear LPs are actually held inside the art piece or not? Also wondering if the clear LPs ship separately from the crystal cover?  Perhaps I’m overthinking all of this.

On 3/22/2021 at 12:50 PM, Why not Shelby said:

You are, it will be in a regular jacket with the crystals printed on it. Otherwise there would be another zero on the price.

😄