PO soon: Phoebe Bridgers - Copycat Killer EP

42 minutes ago, nelso330 said:

There are 134 on ebay right now.... many already sold today. Where there is money to be made people will flock....

Had to look for myself. Geez. Stimulus making people stupid. At the moment 425 sold items in the past few days. Someone bought the Killer 7" for $350, lots of today's release for $75+ dollars. Mountain Blast copy sold for $110. 

16 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Had to look for myself. Geez. Stimulus making people stupid. At the moment 425 sold items in the past few days. Someone bought the Killer 7" for $350, lots of today's release for $75+ dollars. Mountain Blast copy sold for $110. 

Oh they were stupid well before the stimulus.  It’s why flippers still have jobs

1 minute ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Oh they were stupid well before the stimulus.  It’s why flippers still have jobs

It's weird. I personally don't get the mentality. If I missed out, I missed out. I'd rather have a nice and thick collection than 10 super rare releases that I can make a bunch of dudes on IG drool over.

2 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

It's weird. I personally don't get the mentality. If I missed out, I missed out. I'd rather have a nice and thick collection than 10 super rare releases that I can make a bunch of dudes on IG drool over.

At one point in time a long time ago, I would do dumb shit like this for some of my favorite artists.  But I quickly learned the lesson you just stated above. 

that and I said I’d never help a “middle-man” profit off a release again

11 minutes ago, JohnMatrix said:

I was looking at my discogs values last night actually and noticed the lavendar Stranger in the Alps sold for over $400 recently. Unreal

Like only 3 weeks ago, too.  Wasn't even signed or anything, just straight up £300.  Repressed colors are fetching $250 too.  Anyone with a SITA collection is sitting pretty after Phoebe blew up and stimulus checks went out.

3 hours ago, Multiverse said:

I sold my blue Stranger for a couple hundred and just rebought it on black 🤷‍♀️

my local stores are saying when they order copies of Punisher or Stranger they'll sell out of all 30 or so copies they get that same day, it's definitely a little surreal 

can confirm and that is if you can get it, distros are backordered on both albums in black again. 

8 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Someone paid over $240 for a Newbury copy of Stranger. Jesus. 

9 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

you can literally still buy baja blast at her bandcamp. that's just silly.

10 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I think I read it was a 20k pressing, technically still limited. I bet they sell through by June. I could be wrong but I bet they sold quite a few already

If 2K sold out in under 20 minutes with 1 per person, 20K might actually be pretty limited.   Lol

its the cooler of the two variants too

7 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

If 2K sold out in under 20 minutes with 1 per person, 20K might actually be pretty limited.   Lol

its the cooler of the two variants too

I mean the red swirly indie was probably at least 10k right? That sold out in the first weekend for my store, and could not be reordered. While this is not a full album her fan base is huge now. I would be surprised if she didn't go major for her 3rd album.

1 minute ago, NapalmBrain said:

I mean the red swirly indie was probably at least 10k right? That sold out in the first weekend for my store, and could not be reordered. While this is not a full album her fan base is huge now. I would be surprised if she didn't go major for her 3rd album.

I’m really worried about a major record label jump.   I hope she won’t since she just started her own record label which is part of secretly.   

1 minute ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

I’m really worried about a major record label jump.   I hope she won’t since she just started her own record label which is part of secretly.   

I think it will come down to if they can put up the money to press 100k+ records for the next album, and with their successes of late maybe they can 

yes, value judgments are a thing. just because your judgment of an artist's music is positive don't make you right, necessarily. people who question why others post dissenting views on a very hyped artist need to do a little introspection.

responding by questioning why someone even posted a negative take assumes there is no value in presenting a non-positive value judgment on anything... which is obviously insane.

3 minutes ago, obliriovrons said:

Good point, reconsidering the intellectual value of going into a thread and just saying "Boring"

please go on with the mindset that people should live by your credo of: "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"

it'll work wonders in the real world