PO soon: Phoebe Bridgers - Copycat Killer EP

14 minutes ago, Chrundle The Great said:

please go on with the mindset that people should live by your credo of: "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"

it'll work wonders in the real world

Reality ≠ discussion board.

Discussions boards serve as platforms to discuss.

Going into a thread to post "zzz" does nothing to facilitate discussion.

I enjoy Phoebe's music when the mood is right, but I can sympathize with anyone who would say her stuff can be a snooze.  That's an opinion and I can respect it, in an actual conversation or exchange of meaningful dialogue.  We're talking about an instance of neither.

I saw that TDWP thread get bumped this morning, abuzz with comments of a new EP.  I could have very easily popped in there to ask why anyone is listening to Hot Topic-core in 2021.  But I see no real benefit from doing so, nor am I starved enough for attention to consider baiting replies with a contribution like that.

It'd be one thing if someone openly asked the board how they felt about Phoebe's music.  But uninitiated it's just weird.  Just because you can, doesn't mean you should, etc.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Reality ≠ discussion board.

Discussions boards serve as platforms to discuss.

Going into a thread to post "zzz" does nothing to facilitate discussion.

I enjoy Phoebe's music when the mood is right, but I can sympathize with anyone who would say her stuff can be a snooze.  That's an opinion and I can respect it, in an actual conversation or exchange of meaningful dialogue.  We're talking about an instance of neither.

I saw that TDWP thread get bumped this morning, abuzz with comments of a new EP.  I could have very easily popped in there to ask why anyone is listening to Hot Topic-core in 2021.  But I see no real benefit from doing so, nor am I starved enough for attention to consider baiting replies with a contribution like that.

It'd be one thing if someone openly asked the board how they felt about Phoebe's music.  But uninitiated it's just weird.  Just because you can, doesn't mean you should, etc.

That’s such a long way to something we all know. 

7 minutes ago, JohnMatrix said:

Imagine going into a thread of a person or band you don't listen to or like only to tell people  how much this person or band sucks or is overhyped. On a vinyl collection forum of all places too

Literally can’t imagine it.  Especially for Phoebe Bridgers who already has an absurdly devoted PR team.  In that hypothetical, I’d just feel like I was cucking myself by basically promoting her and keeping her threads active, for free.  It’d really make me question my self-worth.

2 hours ago, JohnMatrix said:

Imagine going into a thread of a person or band you don't listen to or like only to tell people  how much this person or band sucks or is overhyped. On a vinyl collection forum of all places too

Oh stop being so silly. I read this board every day. I love record collecting. Me calling a record boring is only as serious as you take it. This thread could use a little balance from the fomo heavy posts. You can make fun of me when I miss out on the RTJ2 TTL that’s about to come out. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...