Tool - Ænima repressing

• 3 weeks later...

It'd be nice to get pumped on that timer... but if this band has taught us anything, it's that you don't get hyped on their announcements or teasers for announcements.  I would love to be a pessimist and have them prove me wrong.  Truly.  The fact they've overhauled the web store and appear to be using a new merch distributor is very promising, but this shit will be new hoodies at best or perhaps a livestream announcement.  Wish they'd take a note from MBV and accept that their shit is OOP, desirable, and a surefire sale on vinyl.  Releasing everything like MBV is – no frills, no $100 lenticular box, no slipmat + keychain + vape pen combo.  Just a quality vinyl press on black wax in some tip-on jackets or something.  Sell it all in a bundle and call it a day so we can enjoy them and die happy.  Can't wait to instead be disappointed tomorrow morning, I guess.  Cruel world.

3 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I'm pretty sure I saw an email the other day about them unloading tour merch. "Tool Army members get first dibs on the limited yaddah yaddah" but that could totally be unrelated.

People are saying that the "tour merch" drop is (allegedly) at a different time than when this timer ends.  I'd like to believe that Tool wouldn't set a 24+ hour timer to launch some leftover tour shirts and posters but I could sadly see it.

3 minutes ago, tipyourbartender said:

Maybe Fear Inoculum is getting pressed 

I thought I read some recent comments about the band teasing FI and expanded / larger-than-CD packaging on Instagram.  Don't quote me on that, I didn't see anything firsthand.  I'd take a proper version of it on vinyl if that's indeed what this whole thing is.

2 minutes ago, fish said:

No way this will be vinyl.

No?  Is that a surefire bet?  Band members were teasing something FI-related on IG as mentioned above, and there's been rumors that the band has been working on remastering their catalog for vinyl, for like... 4 years now.  I think the likelihood of vinyl is slim to none, don't get me wrong.  But I couldn't comfortably say it's guaranteed to not happen.  Seems like a lot of work to overhaul the entire web store and switch distributors to list tour leftovers.

Lateralus also turns 20 this year for what it's worth.  Not that the band is known for celebrating anniversaries of their records.

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

No?  Is that a surefire bet?  Band members were teasing something FI-related on IG as mentioned above, and there's been rumors that the band has been working on remastering their catalog for vinyl, for like... 4 years now.  I think the likelihood of vinyl is slim to none, don't get me wrong.  But I couldn't comfortably say it's guaranteed to not happen.  Seems like a lot of work to overhaul the entire web store and switch distributors to list tour leftovers.

Lateralus also turns 20 this year for what it's worth.  Not that the band is known for celebrating anniversaries of their records.

I'll confidently say no until they surprise me after 30 years. But really hoping I'm wrong. Didn't they celebrate Opiate's 21st with a new cd version? That is about what I expect from them.

36 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I thought I read some recent comments about the band teasing FI and expanded / larger-than-CD packaging on Instagram.  Don't quote me on that, I didn't see anything firsthand.  I'd take a proper version of it on vinyl if that's indeed what this whole thing is.

Someone posted this screenshot from Adam Jones' IG on the VinylReleases reddit:

bi3anvse17s61.jpg

Edited by fondfarewell