Funeral For a Friend reissues

9 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Anyone taking odds on these going up individually after they sell out of multiple pressings of the boxed sets?

I don't know the wording on this makes it sound like this is it

"Limited to 500 copies worldwide

Absolutely no repress ever!"

Edited by rrd

9 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Anyone taking odds on these going up individually after they sell out of multiple pressings of the boxed sets?

I think the odds is around -1000.

would laugh even harder if the colors were way cooler and album art specific too.

"Limited to 500 copies worldwide

Absolutely no repress ever!"

pretty sure it's about the boxset itself.

Edited by xfactor675

Assuming that End Hits got the licensing from Warners to press more than 500 copies of each album, it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that individual copies of each album could be pressed. Not sure there would be a US release from End Hits. Chances are, a US label would have to license the albums from Warners.

I'm not interested in this but End Hits has been a stellar company. They tend to do packages and individuals of releases. They also have a US distro deal with Deathwish - so if you are passing on this, I'd keep an eye out for Deathwish to have some in the states for domestic shipping. 

5 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

well, Casually and partly Hours still hold up in 2021 though

I definitely had those in my iTunes way back in the day – what's the fan concensus on that third album?  Seems like a big marketing point that it's available for the first time ever.

But that aside, clear vinyl is classy as hell and timeless.  And tends to sound better, on average, than a lot of colored variants.  I think so many people are just conditioned by splatters and swirls in modern vinyl culture.  These reissues aren't for me but I couldn't imagine scoffing because "just black" or "just clear" vinyl was available, for a record I've wanted that's been OOP for 15+ years and averages $200 on Discogs.

The euro is also in a pretty nice spot on the spectrum of USD conversion.  People crying about the price should be grateful it's not in pounds.

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I definitely had those in my iTunes way back in the day – what's the fan concensus on that third album?  Seems like a big marketing point that it's available for the first time ever. 

I can't speak for the fan base, but only give my personal opinion. Their third album is where they fell off for me. It just felt generic compared to Casually and Hours. It wasn't until The Young and Defenceless where I had hope again, as it sounded like a good mix of their old and new sound. But I was pretty let down when Welcome Home Armageddon dropped. The Young and Defenceless was supposed to be a preview of what that was to sound like, but it just sounded generic and boring overall to me. 

1 hour ago, IndigoHollow said:

I'm convinced that US variant will pop up later today.

I totally fucked myself with the STYG represses from End Hits. Grabbed the transparent ones from the first press just to release another wave the next day. Tried to sell the first press, ended up with a net loss of $45.

19 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

But that aside, clear vinyl is classy as hell and timeless.  And tends to sound better, on average, than a lot of colored variants.  I think so many people are just conditioned by splatters and swirls in modern vinyl culture.  These reissues aren't for me but I couldn't imagine scoffing because "just black" or "just clear" vinyl was available, for a record I've wanted that's been OOP for 15+ years and averages $200 on Discogs.

I personally couldn't care less for splatter and swirl, but I would expect some more thoughts put into this, especially because these are OOP for a long time as you mentioned, plus the first 2 records were both already pressed on black. It's just lazy ass production, and they have been teasing these for years. (there wasn't an official announcement yet, so I might just bashing them for no reason, lol)

I wonder how expensive US shipping is, it could actually be more expensive that the UK This Is Dig Store, where it was only $82 USD ($60GBP) for the 3 record bundle.

EDIT:
Comparing, looks like I would save $8 USD by ordering from the UK, but just because they aren't charging me tax.

Edited by MCDELTAT

1 minute ago, MCDELTAT said:

I wonder how expensive US shipping is, it could actually be more expensive that the UK This Is Dig Store, where it was only $82 USD ($60GBP) for the 3 record bundle.

From the Rhino store:

Single Item: (DOMESTIC)

$7.50 USD

2 or more items: (DOMESTIC)

$11.99 USD

*INTERNATIONAL 

$15.99 USD