StockX is now listing records... will the secondary market get worse?

Yep to all of this. I budget somewhat successfully and when there's a lull in new releases I dip into the past releases that I want. Always worked for me, but recently if I don't live off FOMO, things at any reasonable price are gone immediately. I'm kinda just hoping for a drop off of people interested at some point in the future (even if that's a few years from now).

In another hobby, I manage to upgrade the GPU in my computer from a 1070 to a 3070. I bought the 1070 for $460 (w/ Tax/Shipping) in 2016, and just today it sold on Craiglist for $390, in less than an hour. It's stupid.

I think the most aggravating part of this is that a lot of what is up on StockX right now is stuff that, looking through these threads when they are made are usually things that kind of hang around for a minute and are "easily" attainable. Now, looking at what is on there and some of the ridiculous prices on some things is going to make it more of a mess with (personally) trying to get some releases. Hip hop in particular which will be frustrating. On the up side at least I know I can make a quick buck off of my Travis Scott, Denzel Curry, Kanye, Ariana albums if I am ever in a pinch.  Also, Pokémon secondary market is SO wild I can't even really get my head around some of it. I ended up having to go to like five different Barnes and Nobles to find a particular booster box a little while back and when I got to the one that had them they actually had four left. I only picked up one but it is wild to me how someone else would have picked up all four just to resell. People really did get into collecting things this past year being stuck inside it is just always annoying when it starts becoming something you're into and inflating that market or its demand. 

Edited by danmpie7