New Quicksand 4/13, UPDATE: single added

47 minutes ago, daniele said:

What i wanna say is that the lack and the low volume of the 2nd guitar parts in Interiors is the direct consequence of their decision to play live as a trio....

Ah gotcha. Didn't realize they did that... but plenty of trios still record legit 2nd guitar parts for studio albums and alter the songs to be played live. Seems weird.

1 hour ago, daniele said:

What i wanna say is that the lack and the low volume of the 2nd guitar parts in Interiors is the direct consequence of their decision to play live as a trio....

Was not a consequence of them deciding to play live as trio.... Capone was supposed to play on the record but skipped on a bunch of writing sessions. 

The album was already in the bag before that tour. 

1 hour ago, Willow_Tree_Records said:

Didn't they record Slip without TC3? Live they really do need any one of their friends to jump in on second guitar and fill out the sound.

Correct. There are a few old interviews where Walter talks about that. Tom had actually been kicked out of the band prior to the writing and recording of Slip. He came back in and laid down the solos on the record, extremely close to deadline. Apparently that’s the only thing recorded of his on the album. 

21 minutes ago, thievesdont said:

Was not a consequence of them deciding to play live as trio.... Capone was supposed to play on the record but skipped on a bunch of writing sessions. 

The album was already in the bag before that tour. 

Sorry but what you wrote seems confirm my idea...As they wrote on facebook statement after the Capone's arrest they recorded it as a trio, so my idea is that Walter add some second guitar parts, but deciding to play live as a trio he didn't record too much parts and they put them low in the mix....Then Capone came back to play shows but only when the record was finished....

1 hour ago, daniele said:

Sorry but what you wrote seems confirm my idea...As they wrote on facebook statement after the Capone's arrest they recorded it as a trio, so my idea is that Walter add some second guitar parts, but deciding to play live as a trio he didn't record too much parts and they put them low in the mix....Then Capone came back to play shows but only when the record was finished....

Huh?

Tom was arrested after the album was already recorded, then booted from the band. 

They recorded it as a trio PRIOR to his arrest because he wasn’t involved with any of it due to his own personal issues, which lead to him being kicked out of the band during the tour when he was arrested for theft.... which all happened after the album was already recorded. 

11 minutes ago, thievesdont said:

Huh?

Tom was arrested after the album was already recorded, then booted from the band. 

They recorded it as a trio PRIOR to his arrest because he wasn’t involved with any of it due to his own personal issues, which lead to him being kicked out of the band during the tour when he was arrested for theft.... which all happened after the album was already recorded. 

"As they wrote on facebook statement after the Capone's arrest, they recorded it as a trio..." . i missed a comma.....now i hope it's more clear....Anyway like i said it's just my opinion and now i will stop to insist on my position.....

• thievesdont changed the title to New Quicksand 4/13, UPDATE: single added

I think we all just have to accept that this is the way things are, and have been since 2017. 

Listened to the track a bunch on the ride home from Seattle this morning. Sounds biiiiiig and I’m glad Sergio gets to keep shining on these tracks. 

Definitely heavier than anything on Interiors. 

4 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

is it even an album? 

I didn't know but last time they launched single and pre-order the same day so i would be prepared to score eventual limited ones, but when the single was officially announced on Quicksand and Epitaph social media there was no mention about a new album in coming....

• 2 months later...

the album itself is coming out on august 13th based on tidal. Yeah amazon has the digital up for pre-order.

https://www.amazon.com/Distant-Populations-Explicit-Quicksand/dp/B092CCR169

importcds already have the LP (black) up for preorder too.

https://www.importcds.com/distant-populations/045778772612

so digital 08.13. physical 09.24.

Edited by xfactor675

2 hours ago, cautionthieves said:

New single 'Missile Command' dropped earlier today on Spotify.

Appears that the album is called 'Distant Populations'. Dropping September 9th!
https://recordstoreday.com/UPC/045778772612

Brooklyn 99 Noice GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

This is coming from someone who obviously listened to Quicksand in the 90s but really wasn't so crazy about Interiors. But the production on these two singles has me feeling all the feels right now. Hoping for some pretty exclusive variants and/or an indie exclusive at some point. 

Edited by ethanpricington

2 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

waiting to see what the Quicksand store has to offer as far as variants

the indie retail is something called "purple cloudy"

Same. Although the limited exclusive looks pretty cool, i feel like with album artwork like this, you need to go one color or a color/white splatter/cloudy/etc.