New Quicksand 4/13, UPDATE: single added

10 minutes ago, sugareggs said:

Much better than Interiors. Played it through twice in a row. The drumming has been taken up a notch, they sound like they’ve hit their stride . 

Agreed. Was my exact thoughts - the drumming and drum mix was so much better this album. They sound HUGE. There was one song though where the drum timing sounds super off. Like everything else is straight 4/4 time in the song yet the drums almost have a swing feel, it’s super weird and kinda distracting. Am I the only one who noticed that?

• 1 month later...

Not sure about other variants, but just got this email from Revolver regarding their exclusive: 

Thank you so much for your QUICKSAND purchase.

We are sorry to inform you that due to worldwide production delays at vinyl plants, QUICKSAND ‘DISTANT POPULATIONS’ LIMITED-EDITION HOT PINK & CYAN BLUE PINWHEEL LP Vinyl release date has been pushed back to 12/10/2021. If these dates change again, we will reach back out and continue to update you on your orders. 

We hope everyone is staying healthy and well! 

If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to

[email protected]

Epitaph just posted this on Facebook. 

📣 ANNOUNCEMENT: A message from Quicksand - 
"Unfortunately, due to shipping and manufacturing delays most vinyl copies of Distant Populations won’t be available until later this year. To make up for it, we are including an exclusive slipmat with all vinyl pre-orders, free of charge.  We apologize and will keep you posted on ship dates as we get more information.
Thankfully, vinyl will be available in-stores in Europe and the UK on September 24th, as planned. We will also be selling an exclusive pink variant on our North American tour, starting next week.
We appreciate your patience and understanding.  Thanks for the continued support!🙏"

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I don’t remember what it looked like before but something didn’t pan out with that hard times/whatever other stores variant. They sent an email asking to reply if you didn’t want the changed variant. Still looks fine to me.

It was supposed to be a light blue / pink pinwheel.

I received the same email but the image wasn't embedded for some reason.

56 minutes ago, rickker said:

It was supposed to be a light blue / pink pinwheel.

I received the same email but the image wasn't embedded for some reason.

Seems close enough to how it turned out unless the base was meant to be blue and the pinwheels pink. Product page is updated.

https://shop.thehardtimes.net/products/quicksand-distant-populations-limited-edition-hot-pink-cyan-blue-pinwheel-lp-only-500-made?_pos=5&_sid=83a6f3fcb&_ss=r

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still waiting on my webstore splatter variant. I’ve seen some violet/blue/yellow with splatter but I’m not sure if that’s the quicksand web store splatter or not (the mock up looks very different, but they all seem to have come out very differently). Has anyone received the quicksand we store “splatter”?

• 2 weeks later...