Jump to content

New Quicksand 4/13, UPDATE: single added


Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, daniele said:

What i wanna say is that the lack and the low volume of the 2nd guitar parts in Interiors is the direct consequence of their decision to play live as a trio....

Ah gotcha. Didn't realize they did that... but plenty of trios still record legit 2nd guitar parts for studio albums and alter the songs to be played live. Seems weird.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, daniele said:

What i wanna say is that the lack and the low volume of the 2nd guitar parts in Interiors is the direct consequence of their decision to play live as a trio....

Was not a consequence of them deciding to play live as trio.... Capone was supposed to play on the record but skipped on a bunch of writing sessions. 
 

The album was already in the bag before that tour. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Willow_Tree_Records said:

Didn't they record Slip without TC3? Live they really do need any one of their friends to jump in on second guitar and fill out the sound.

 

 

Correct. There are a few old interviews where Walter talks about that. Tom had actually been kicked out of the band prior to the writing and recording of Slip. He came back in and laid down the solos on the record, extremely close to deadline. Apparently that’s the only thing recorded of his on the album. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, thievesdont said:

Was not a consequence of them deciding to play live as trio.... Capone was supposed to play on the record but skipped on a bunch of writing sessions. 
 

The album was already in the bag before that tour. 

Sorry but what you wrote seems confirm my idea...As they wrote on facebook statement after the Capone's arrest they recorded it as a trio, so my idea is that Walter add some second guitar parts, but deciding to play live as a trio he didn't record too much parts and they put them low in the mix....Then Capone came back to play shows but only when the record was finished....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, daniele said:

Sorry but what you wrote seems confirm my idea...As they wrote on facebook statement after the Capone's arrest they recorded it as a trio, so my idea is that Walter add some second guitar parts, but deciding to play live as a trio he didn't record too much parts and they put them low in the mix....Then Capone came back to play shows but only when the record was finished....

Huh?

Tom was arrested after the album was already recorded, then booted from the band. 
 

They recorded it as a trio PRIOR to his arrest because he wasn’t involved with any of it due to his own personal issues, which lead to him being kicked out of the band during the tour when he was arrested for theft.... which all happened after the album was already recorded. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, thievesdont said:

Huh?

Tom was arrested after the album was already recorded, then booted from the band. 
 

They recorded it as a trio PRIOR to his arrest because he wasn’t involved with any of it due to his own personal issues, which lead to him being kicked out of the band during the tour when he was arrested for theft.... which all happened after the album was already recorded. 

"As they wrote on facebook statement after the Capone's arrest, they recorded it as a trio..." . i missed a comma.....now i hope it's more clear....Anyway like i said it's just my opinion and now i will stop to insist on my position.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • thievesdont changed the title to New Quicksand 4/13, UPDATE: single added

I think we all just have to accept that this is the way things are, and have been since 2017. 
 

Listened to the track a bunch on the ride home from Seattle this morning. Sounds biiiiiig and I’m glad Sergio gets to keep shining on these tracks. 
 

Definitely heavier than anything on Interiors. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

is it even an album? 

I didn't know but last time they launched single and pre-order the same day so i would be prepared to score eventual limited ones, but when the single was officially announced on Quicksand and Epitaph social media there was no mention about a new album in coming....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×

oh my wow GIF by ESPN Deportes

 

Please disable AdBlock OR sign-in in order to be able to access our website...

I Understand, I'll disable it for this website