PO: Year Of No Light - Consolamentum + Wooden boxset

The boxset is sick! I believe it's 100% hand-made? I could be wrong on that. It looks a little fragile (the glue on the bottom back left corner looks like it could one day come undone if you're not careful). My brass latch was a little bent, so the cover has to move to the side a tiny bit for it to latch shut. A super small issue I had that's not even a real complaint. The overall presentation is gorgeous.

The records look amazing, the obi-strips were a super nice touch. You're gonna love it Derek.

Edited by prowl20

7 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

The boxset is sick! I believe it's 100% hand-made? I could be wrong on that. It looks a little fragile (the glue on the bottom back left corner looks like it could one day come undone if you're not careful). My brass latch was a little bent, so the cover has to move to the side a tiny bit for it to latch shut. A super small issue I had that's not even a real complaint. The overall presentation is gorgeous.

The records look amazing, the obi-strips were a super nice touch. You're gonna love it Derek.

Killer news all around.  How'd those variants turn out?  I thought the mockups were a beaut, each and every one of them.  Have you – or anyone else – had a chance to spin any of them?  I've held off on selling my Ausserwelt or Tocsin before making sure the new presses are up to snuff. 

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Killer news all around.  How'd those variants turn out?  I thought the mockups were a beaut, each and every one of them.  Have you – or anyone else – had a chance to spin any of them?  I've held off on selling my Ausserwelt or Tocsin before making sure the new presses are up to snuff. 

spacer.png

I was excited with how they came out. I found a friend who wanted my copy of Nord, still looking to get rid of Tocsin and Ausserwelt. I haven't had the chance to spin them yet (I've been buying so many records lately with little to no time to spin anything). The one thing I noticed with the boxset copy of Tocsin was it didn't include the poster. Aside from audio quality that seems to be the only real difference I've found. That and the new artwork is pretty glossy over the matt printed covers of the older versions.

1 hour ago, prowl20 said:

spacer.png

I was excited with how they came out. I found a friend who wanted my copy of Nord, still looking to get rid of Tocsin and Ausserwelt. I haven't had the chance to spin them yet (I've been buying so many records lately with little to no time to spin anything). The one thing I noticed with the boxset copy of Tocsin was it didn't include the poster. Aside from audio quality that seems to be the only real difference I've found. That and the new artwork is pretty glossy over the matt printed covers of the older versions.

What a sight.  That's a whole lot to soak in – thanks for sharing, along with your thoughts.  Looks well worth the price of admission so far.