PO: Jack's Mannequin People and Things

Pre-order, June 4.

https://www.banquetrecords.com/jack's-mannequin/people-and-things/MOVLP2838C

People and Things marks McMahon's third studio release as Jack's Mannequin, following up 2005's Everything In Transit and 2008's The Glass Passenger. According to Andrew McMahon, Jack's Mannequin's People and Things, can be viewed as the final installment to a three-part story. But fear not, fans - while this chapter is coming to a close, there's still plenty to be written. If the 29-year-old's debut, Everything in Transit, was his melodic break-up record, and 2008's The Glass Passenger was a snapshot of his battle with leukemia, People and Things could analogously be referred to as "the return home," McMahon says. "The reality is that getting sick turned Jack's into this long story that was really only meant to be one record, but somehow became three," he explains. "I think, if nothing else, People and Things is about the journey, and knowing where I belong and trying to get myself okay with putting my feet down and being there."

Edited by IndigoHollow

• IndigoHollow changed the title to PO: Jack's Mannequin People and Things

2 hours ago, Justinadamk said:

I was trying to see if they would show me the conversion rate before I finalized checkout, but by putting in my paypal, it immediately paid - so guess im paying an exorbitant price for this ha

That happened to me trying to buy the Sister Cities light blue variant. If you send them an email, they should be able to refund you.

Just now, HardlineKid said:

That happened to me trying to buy the Sister Cities light blue variant. If you send them an email, they should be able to refund you.

Thanks! I think I'm going to end up keeping the order around until I start to see it show up on some US stores. Hopefully they'll still let me cancel then! 

On 4/23/2021 at 12:05 PM, HardlineKid said:

Got a refund! And was able to order through HHV w/ FedEx tracked shipping and a 5% discount and save about $8 instead of the Banquet release with no tracked shipping

• 1 month later...

My copy from Banquet arrived this morning.  Mint.  The fake ring wear and sticker residue threw me for a second. 

I think I have all the LPs now.  They haven't released the live show or demos on vinyl, have they?

I bought the records based on the Christmas song from the WB promo comps.  It's a great song if you want to get all their studio stuff.

8 minutes ago, jmpatrick said:

My copy from Banquet arrived this morning.  Mint.  The fake ring wear and sticker residue threw me for a second. 

I think I have all the LPs now.  They haven't released the live show or demos on vinyl, have they?

I bought the records based on the Christmas song from the WB promo comps.  It's a great song if you want to get all their studio stuff.

Yeah, MOV re-pressed Everything in Transit on clear vinyl last year. It was also released on black vinyl this year. The Glass Passenger was re-pressed on silver vinyl a few months ago. Neither the live album or the demos have been pressed.