PO: Descendents - 9th & Walnut

My first (of way too many) copyĀ showed up today and I gave it a quick spin. Looking forward to spending some more time with it but first impression is that it has a heavy 70s surf rock feel to it and I love it. I think it fits perfectly in between Hectic World / Ride The Wild and the Fat EP or Milo Goes to College. Anyone who wasnā€™t paying attention to what it was when they ordered this and is expecting a ā€œnewā€ Descendents record will be in for a big surprise.Ā 

Ā 

NosD9YW.jpeg

On 5/4/2021 at 10:33 PM, truexbeliever said:

Coretex has an aqua / 325 and an indie edition electric blue. I think that brings the total up to ten different versionsĀ šŸ„“

Ā 

https://coretexrecords.com/Descendents-9th-Walnut-PRE-ORDER_9

To avoid further confusion: it is not /325 but it is "375". "375 Media" is a big distributor and they started some time ago (this year? did not notice it earlier) distributing exclusive variants. It does not represent the pressing number of their variants, afaik.

https://375media.com/

Ā 

17 minutes ago, Iggy_Pilot said:

To avoid further confusion: it is not /325 but it is "375". "375 Media" is a big distributor and they started some time ago (this year? did not notice it earlier) distributing exclusive variants. It does not represent the pressing number of their variants, afaik.

https://375media.com/

Ā 

Thanks for the clarification. Didnā€™t realize this and was a poor assumption on my part that it was a Core Tex exclusive.Ā 

16 hours ago, marc32137 said:

A package from Kings Road popped up on my USPS app so it looks like these are starting to ship.Ā 

Ā 

I'm seeing Descendents open for Rise Against in a couple weeks and I wonder if they're gonna start playing any of these songs.

They've been practicing some songs from this so, they'll play a couple.

19 hours ago, truexbeliever said:

My first (of way too many) copyĀ showed up today and I gave it a quick spin. Looking forward to spending some more time with it but first impression is that it has a heavy 70s surf rock feel to it and I love it. I think it fits perfectly in between Hectic World / Ride The Wild and the Fat EP or Milo Goes to College. Anyone who wasnā€™t paying attention to what it was when they ordered this and is expecting a ā€œnewā€ Descendents record will be in for a big surprise.Ā 

Ā 

NosD9YW.jpeg

This being the original lineup was the major selling point for me. Their original sound has never really been duplicated that well, but as soon as I heard the first new track, it instantly had that ā€œthingā€ that I guess only the 4 of these guys in a room together can yield. Canā€™t wait to spin this!Ā 

Gave this a full listen this morning. Itā€™s incredible. I donā€™t think it really sunk in for me how special this release was until I listened to it front to back. Frank and Tony playing onĀ this is very noticeable. I donā€™t thinkĀ Iā€™ve ever heard a band release a ā€œnewā€ record that sounded so close to their roots. Itā€™s really cool that they arenā€™tĀ tryingĀ to mimic a past sound or feel, but that itĀ is a past sound and feel.Ā Itā€™s a perfect pre-cursor to ..College. During the first listen Grudge and Lullaby really stuck out to me. This will be in heavy rotation for me for a long time.Ā 

• 1 year later...
On 7/21/2021 at 10:15 PM, truexbeliever said:

Ā 

NosD9YW.jpeg

Ā 

As a student, I totally get the struggles with college studies. Time management is a constant challenge, and those overwhelming assignments can be stressful. To cope, I found a fantastic solution: essaylab's service. There you can findĀ essay papers for sale It's been a game-changer for me! They offer top-notch essays that have saved me so much time and helped me improve my grades. If you're looking for some extra support, I highly recommend giving them a try. Trust me, it's worth it! Good luck with your studies!Ā Ā Ā Ā 

I totally agree with you! The new Descendents record has that classic 70s surf rock vibe, and it's a refreshing change from their previous releases. It's like a perfect blend of their earlier works like "Hectic World" and "Ride The Wild" combined with the energy of "Milo Goes to College." I can't wait to dive deeper into the album and explore all the nuances. It's essential to approach it with an open mind, understanding that it's a unique creation. Kudos to the band for keeping their sound fresh and exciting!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got the 7" at their Baltimore date. $15 + tax. This was the first time out of hundreds of shows I've been to where I went to buy merch and they refused cash. Insane to me, especially a punk show, but I guess that's becoming more of a thing. I haven't played it yet but I got the red/500. No insert, just the record and jacket in shrink wrap. A guy next to me bought the signed copy for $60 and it was white with blue and red splatter which sold out pretty quick. Apparently some people bought the signed at other dates and still got the red variant.