GET CHUCKED

You should partner with a vinyl sub service, like Vinyl Me Please or Magnolia, that brings in a lot of new/first time collectors who would be interested in a slightly fancier accessory for their exciting new hobby. People here will e-stab you to death if you dare try and start any vinyl related business that isn’t printing bootleg Brand New LP slip covers.

9 hours ago, Oblivions said:

You should partner with a vinyl sub service, like Vinyl Me Please or Magnolia, that brings in a lot of new/first time collectors who would be interested in a slightly fancier accessory for their exciting new hobby. People here will e-stab you to death if you dare try and start any vinyl related business that isn’t printing bootleg Brand New LP slip covers.

It is so fucked up that I see genuine feedback on this board for once, and I have to keep double-checking the site I'm on. 

16 minutes ago, Coast said:

It is so fucked up that I see genuine feedback on this board for once, and I have to keep double-checking the site I'm on. 

Here's a whole thread of it so you can feel good about being part of a community you hate but obviously need. 

2 minutes ago, Your Ex-Wife said:

Here's a whole thread of it so you can feel good about being part of a community you hate but obviously need. 

Don't hate it; it's introduced me to plenty of things I wouldn't have explored otherwise. Saw it, was also genuinely surprised when that thread didn't just devolve into a meme-fest. 

Have a good one

38 minutes ago, HardlineKid said:

In a space in which people spend over $100 on 5 different colors of the same product and don't open any of them to actually enjoy the color, I don't blame the guy for charging $45 for anything... someone's going to buy it.

Nobody bought it so they took it down. This same thing probably happened in multiple places.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-chuck-solid-bronze-45rpm-record-adapter

14 minutes ago, crossedoutname said:

Maybe some converge fans on here?

There’s definitely a handful of folks who gotta’ catch ‘em all for certain artists here and there, but of the ones that participate in threads, I can probably count them on one hand.  Maybe 2 at most.  Not arguing whether or not it happens, but I don’t think the general majority or vibe of VC is “buy 5 copies of 1 album, keep 4 sealed”.  Not in recent years or this “wave” of the community, anyway.