GET CHUCKED

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

There’s definitely a handful of folks who gotta’ catch ‘em all for certain artists here and there, but of the ones that participate in threads, I can probably count them on one hand.  Maybe 2 at most.  Not arguing whether or not it happens, but I don’t think the general majority or vibe of VC is “buy 5 copies of 1 album, keep 4 sealed”.  Not in recent years or this “wave” of the community, anyway.

spacer.png

not sure what was in the original post. but you can go to centerspect.com and see just how terrible this idea is firsthand, as well as the previous 2 ideas which included a tiny backpack, and a magnet tie clip.   

I can whole-heartedly endorse the centerspect 45 adapter as the ugliest, worst example of the "hand curated" vinyl market in existence. Thing looks like it fell out from under my sink, or I found it by the washing machine one night. Looks like absolute trash. Terrible idea. Delete the website while you are at it and get a job. This is horrible. I hope you come back here and see this comment and re-think your plans for the future. 

22 minutes ago, rooks said:

I can whole-heartedly endorse the centerspect 45 adapter as the ugliest, worst example of the "hand curated" vinyl market in existence. Thing looks like it fell out from under my sink, or I found it by the washing machine one night. Looks like absolute trash. Terrible idea.

So you’re saying the sort of thing a trendy vinyl subscription service would offer as a pricey add-on?

It's like these folks went, "You know, I think it has to be the impracticality and price of vinyl that really attracts people to this hobby. What is the least convenient type of record? Big hole 45s. Fuck yeah. Let's make an expensive adaptor for those. That'll really rake in the dough." And then the next person was like, "yeah, let's also make it butt ugly and charge...I donno, $35 for it? Y'know, because all the other 45 adaptors cost like... a nickel and are pretty sleek. We have to set ourselves apart if we want these idiot's money."

46 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Honestly if he lowered the price, offered them in different colors, each in varying limited quantities… someone would gobble them up.  A huge portion of vinyl collectors live for muh rare variants.  Target audience 101.

I’m kind of surprised that he was able to get that far into a pretty decent prototype and concept seemingly without having any connection to the vinyl record industry or collector’s world. You would think he’d have enough vinyl friends or colleagues to get a few hundred on the scoreboard before he shares it around for the first time.