PO Now: Amenra - De Doorn (6/25/2021)

have you been charged for all these orders? i wasnt, but if i remember correctly, relapse charges for orders just before shipping... I wonder if its any difference which 3 of the 4 placed orders I will cancel, I have no idea, which one of them were the "error" ones

45 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

So this is the first time I think I've ever canceled a Relapse order.  Super easy to do from your account page and the refund is basically instant, which surprised me.  I rescind my previous comment – save everyone the headache and just cancel excess order in a few clicks.  No need to bug anyone.

2 minutes ago, qula said:

have you been charged for all these orders? i wasnt, but if i remember correctly, relapse charges for orders just before shipping... I wonder if its any difference which 3 of the 4 placed orders I will cancel, I have no idea, which one of them were the "error" ones

I was charged for them, yeah.  Checked my bank statement online and I see numerous -$39.40 alongside multiple +$39.40s, for today.

3 hours ago, solitaryreign said:

De Doorn Tracklist:

1. Ogentroost
2. De Dood In Bloei
3. De Evenmens
4. Het Gloren
5. Voor Immer

First Vinyl Pressing:

Deluxe 2xLP - White, Black and Gold Tri Color Merge with a Heavy White, Black and Gold Splatter (Relapse.com Exclusive) *LTD to 200*
Deluxe 2xLP - White / Gold / White Three Color Striped with Heavy Gold Splatter (Relapse.com Exclusive) *LTD to 400*
Deluxe 2xLP - White and Gold Merge (Relapse.com Exclusive) *LTD to 600*
Deluxe 2xLP - Clear with Gold and Black Smoke (Amenra Tour Version) *LTD to 500*
2xLP - Clear with Black Smoke (Amenra Webstore Version) *LTD to 500*
2xLP - White (US Indie Retail Exclusive) *LTD to 300*
2xLP - Bone White (Benelux Retail Excl) *LTD to 300*
2xLP - Translucent Gold (Evil Greed / Revolver Retail Excl) *LTD to 500*
2xLP - Grey (Decibel Exclusive) *LTD to 200*
2xLP - Gold

Tempted by the Consouling exclusive but I can’t find the Benelux version anywhere. 

• zaoza changed the title to PO Now: Amenra - De Doorn (6/25/2021)
49 minutes ago, qula said:

And I wonder if the /200 translucent gold revolver version is actually the /583 beer one that was supposed to be split between them and evil greed...

Yeah probably... But weird that the website says that "only 200 made".

Well anyways, this album will be getting so much playing time that had to get a second copy. Translucent gold is cooool and fits the artwork nicely.

1 hour ago, Portsi said:

Yeah probably... But weird that the website says that "only 200 made".

Well anyways, this album will be getting so much playing time that had to get a second copy. Translucent gold is cooool and fits the artwork nicely.

Evil greed is up now. it's the same as the revolver one. https://evilgreed.net/collections/amenra/products/amenra-de-doorn-2xlp

https://shop.brooklynvegan.com/products/amenra-de-doorn-limited-edition-gold-translucent-2lp-only-200-made

brooklynvegan has the same variant as revolver and probably evilgreed, so it looks like this /583 was divided into this 3 sites so each has ca 200pcs of it. I guess "only 200 made" sounds better than "only 200 available at our site" ;)

So many variants, but nothing as interesting as the Relapse versions. I had the Decibel one in my cart and then came to my senses. Unless something interesting like a variant cover comes along I'm just going to stick with my one /238 copy.

As far as I've been able to tell with recent variants of other records, Revolver=Brooklyn Vegan. They always have the same variant.

That translucent gold is actually super tempting.  I could see it being a beaut with the black labels, if it ends up being that sort of “beer” color, and not a bright orange-gold.

I think the tour variant has so much potential too.  Not getting ahead of myself before hearing the album, but I could [maybe] end up being mega grateful for a hand in locking one of those down if anyone is confidently catching them on tour.  I think the same kind of Amenra enthusiast that would see them live has already nabbed a Relapse splatter /248, but I’m not as keen on crazy splatters and would even consider working a trade in, perhaps.

All of this is hypothetical but I figured I’d throw it out there.  Maybe that Relapse variant will kick my dick in and I’ll be floored with it.  Maybe the album won’t click with me as much as I’m hoping.  Who knows.

I’m curious what’s up with the jackets. Relapse “Deluxe” & Decibel both state having gold debossed jackets, where the Relapse “Reg”

& BV/Revolver pages don’t mention anything but look the same. Really want that tour variant but that’s not gonna be an easy task if they don’t tour the US this year. And if the other jackets are normal, I don’t wanna miss out and  I may as well go for the Decibel variant. 🤔

Edited by MyEnemy