PO Now: Amenra - De Doorn (6/25/2021)

relapse is live

1005 x White with Metallic Gold Splatter Standard Gram *Band Webstore Exclusive* (Not available through Relapse.com)

1011 x Cloudy Clear with Metallic Gold, Black and White Splatter Standard Gram *Band Tour Exclusive* (Not available through Relapse.com)

535 x Metallic Gold with Black Splatter Standard Gram *Evil Greed Exclusive* (Not available through Relapse.com)

560 x White Inside Cloudy Clear with Metallic Gold Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

346 x Clear with Metallic Gold Pinwheels and Black, Bone White and White Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

247 x Black Inside Milky Clear and Translucent Gold Half 'n Half with Metallic Gold, Black and White Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

100 x Clear (Not available to the public - Friends of band and label only)

11 hours ago, Portsi said:

Well this is genious.. release a new album and million different vinyl variants. Then under a year later release a new way better sounding mix of the album. Huge fan of Amenra and the new mix, but don't like how this was done...

My guess is that it was already in production when the band decided they didn't really like the mix. That would explain why it said it was a one time pressing when it first went up for PO the first time. I would expect future pressings would be this current mix and the previous pressing will be the "rare" one that will be collector fodder.

• 3 weeks later...

I just A/B'd both versions on my setup. I may be in the minority, but I strongly prefer version 1. The original release has a heavier handed production, with tasteful reverb soaking over everything to give the album a foggy atmospheric feeling which I feel suits the material really well.

Version 2 is much lighter on the production, with the drums feeling more raw and vocals cutting through the middle a little more. I don't feel that either mix is objectively better than the other, but they definitely offer different vibes. I'm glad I picked up both, but version 1 is probably going to be my go-to.