Dan Campbell - Other People's Lives

looks like there are some bundles and just the LP stateside from his site: https://dancampbell.co/

300 - Transparent Blue and Cream Moon Phase 
400 - Cream and Maroon Cornetto (Newbury Comics exclusive)
500 - Cream with Heavy Green, Trans Blue, and Maroon Splatter
500 - Transparent Blue and Green Triple Button (Banquet Records exclusive)
600 - Solid Green (Also available in Australia to save on shipping!)
700 - Solid Green / Half Cream

new song here: 

Edited by andables

12 hours ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

I find all his non-TWY stuff to be pretty boring. I found the last two TWY albums to be pretty boring too.

This! I don't know why he is forcing these side-projects rather than trying to write at least a better than medicore TWY record again...

17 hours ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

I found the last two TWY albums to be pretty boring too.

Although I can say I pretty much agree with your first statement about the side-projects, that's just a personal preference thing. 

As for the second statement, No Closer To Heaven to me is such an epic album. Different? For sure. Nowhere near the classic that The Greatest Generation was? Cant argue that. 

But man, there are some of my favorite songs on it: The Bluest Things on Earth, You in January, Palm Reader and I wanted So Badly to be Brave are just some awesomely written songs. And then there's the heavy hitters: Stained Glass Ceilings and what will always be a song that makes me cry - - Cigarettes & Saints. The latter being a cathartic crescendo. As a drummer, it's one of my absolute favorite songs to play. 

My only real gripe with the record is the production. I think that's where they lost a lot of people, even if those people didn't even realize it. The production is sloppy, the drums sound dry and the guitars almost feel void of any clarity throughout. Dan's vocals and lyrics save it all though and help me look past those sonic shortcomings. 

Edited by ethanpricington

Worth noting the details on this album. I bought it because I liked the tracks and found out about this later. During the pandemic and a little prior, Dan had that song commission service to buy songs from him. Later on, he realized he liked a few, and asked the buyers if he could re-record them for this album. It was interesting to see the people who commissioned the songs chime in. The two I saw were about their father suddenly passing and about their mother.

23 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Worth noting the details on this album. I bought it because I liked the tracks and found out about this later. During the pandemic and a little prior, Dan had that song commission service to buy songs from him. Later on, he realized he liked a few, and asked the buyers if he could re-record them for this album. It was interesting to see the people who commissioned the songs chime in. The two I saw were about their father suddenly passing and about their mother.

That would explain the notes on the tracklisting.

https://www.discogs.com/release/18890293-Dan-Campbell-Other-Peoples-Lives