PO: Fucked Up - Year of the Horse 2xLP + 5" (Aug. 2021)

Double LP with 16 page book.
Includes digital download which will be emailed to customers on May 10th, 2021.

Follow up to 2018's Dose Your Dreams is the hugely ambitious "Year of the Horse", an epic tone poem spread across four sides that pass through the worlds of metal, classical, 70s groove, and international hc punk to explore themes of motherhood, ecology, stewardship, and the deep myths of our civilization. Operatic in scope, and artfully assembled.

2xLP Pressing Info:
250 - gold
350 - splatter
400 - blue

https://tankcrimes.merchtable.com/tankcrimes-music/vinyl/fucked-up-year-of-the-horse-2xlp

5" Pressing info:
100 - gold
400 - white
https://tankcrimes.merchtable.com/tankcrimes-music/vinyl/fucked-up-year-of-the-horse-vinyl-5;18349

22 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Grabbed this as well. Splatter + White 5". Dose Your Dreams didn't strike me as amazing but I still go back to it quite a bit.

It has some remarkable moments but it is a smidge bloated with so many ideas.  Some are naturally bound to be better than others, and I think those definitely hold up for repeated listens like you mentioned.

21 minutes ago, kyacrash said:

you guys haven't listened to this yet? They had a staggered release for each part starting like 3 months ago.

and yes, it fucks.

I wanted to go balls in with the whole thing.  I know that each act really stands on its own but the album enthusiast in me would’ve been annoyed to only hear a quarter or a half of this record at once.

18 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I wanted to go balls in with the whole thing.  I know that each act really stands on its own but the album enthusiast in me would’ve been annoyed to only hear a quarter or a half of this record at once.

True, good call. I couldn't wait! But, I haven't listened to the full thing at once yet, might wait for the vinyl.

Edited by kyacrash

• 5 months later...