Dischord – The First Six Records (6x7" boxset)

I'm intentionally not putting this in the color represses thread. It's its own thing.

First 6 Dischord releases, two on colored vinyl, reproduction sleeves & inserts, in a box with a booklet. $50.

https://boxset.dischord.com

To mark our 40th year, we have created Dischord 200, a Box Set containing reissues of our first 6 releases in their original 7″ vinyl format as well as a 12-page booklet.  All records have been remastered, all sleeves & lyric sheets reproduced from original art.

We have no idea of how many of these we should press, so we’ve decided to let the pre-orders make the call. This will be a mail-order only release and the window to place orders will be limited to one month (May 11th until June 11th, 2021). The Box Sets can only be shipped one at a time, so each order is limited to one.  If you want more, you’ll have to make multiple orders.

PLEASE NOTE: The scale of this project combined with the delays at pressing plants have led us to believe that we may not be able to deliver the final piece until the end of 2021.

So my last Dischord order (Dag with Shawn) was order #79XXX. I JUST ordered the box and it's order 86XX. I'm assuming that since they are using a different order format, it's safe to assume there are quite a few of these (at least 9000) being pressed.

This is hopefully great, monetarily, to keep the label going (assuming the rumor it isn't doing well).

5 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

This is hopefully great, monetarily, to keep the label going (assuming the rumor it isn't doing well).

That would be surprising to hear, as they have a strong back catalog and it seems like they've made all the right moves for a label that's pretty much inactive - keeping vinyl in print, putting their whole catalog on Bandcamp, doing cool archival releases here and there, the Fugazi live archive, etc. Hard to imagine a way they'd be overextending themselves.

5 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

That would be surprising to hear, as they have a strong back catalog and it seems like they've made all the right moves for a label that's pretty much inactive - keeping vinyl in print, putting their whole catalog on Bandcamp, doing cool archival releases here and there, the Fugazi live archive, etc. Hard to imagine a way they'd be overextending themselves.

Yeah, it's just what someone said they'd heard, could be totally untrue. Either way, if they only move 10k of these, that's probably a nice little payout for everyone involved. I know they're not very big on profits, but still.

8 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

fuck it, mulled it over since announcement and I'd rather not miss out. I need this in my life and really looking forward to it. I was considering the new colored press of the first 2 7" by Minor Threat may as well grab these other great releases

That blue one sounds phenomenal too. Definitely grab that for $15. 

• 4 weeks later...