Dischord – The First Six Records (6x7" boxset)

I've never surprised by plant delays anymore. With digital albums coming out next month and LPs in March and May you know it's bad. I kind of expected this to take longer, I think with the value per dollar I can wait, I have a feeling this will be done right and a worthy addition. 

• 2 months later...

Boxset Update 12/10/21

We are pleased to announce that after being held up at the port for nearly six weeks, the vinyl has finally been delivered to the plant where the boxsets will be assembled. The project is now in line to be completed and the company doing the work is estimating that we’ll have the finished pieces ready to ship in late January/early February.

Please be aware that shortages and delays are still holding things up and it’s possible that the release will be pushed back even further, but we’re hoping that this schedule will hold and we’ll finally be able to deliver #200.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on this and while I assume I'm shit out of luck, I figured I'd put out a feeler in hopes that someone ordered an extra and can help out. If not, I'll just hope for the best on Discogs. From what I understand it was one per order, but that you could place more than one order. Any assistance is appreciated.

Sorry to bump for those watching the thread for news.

Edited by mameeshkamowskwoz

Barring any last minute pandemic-related delay, we’re expecting to begin shipping the boxsets by the beginning of February. 

We’ll have to finalize the shipping list, so if you have a new shipping address you must sent it in to us to us by January 15th

Send changes to:

[email protected]

NOTE: The boxset pre-order site is separate from the mailorder site on dischord.com, so you’ll have to update any address changes in both places. 

This means sending in the new address to [email protected] as well as making the change on your dischord.com account (if you have one).

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I emailed to see what the status was since the last update in early Jan said they expected shipping at the start of the month, got this back:

The boxset assembly process is underway and the pressing plant is telling us that they’re planning to start shipping the completed packages mid-February. They estimated that the it will take approximately 10-12 days to ship everything out, so we’re hoping that everyone’s orders will coming to them before the end of the month.

• 2 weeks later...

I received mine today.  This set rules and it does come with the bonus slinkees 7”.  I love the booklet with the old pictures and info on the releases.  Worth every penny.  

I also had no idea Henry Rollins real last name is Garfield.  Hilarious.

Edited by ZeroNowhere

13 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

I also had no idea Henry Rollins real last name is Garfield.  Hilarious.

He changed it back when he joined Black Flag.  In an interview (I think with Marc Maron) he said Chuck told him ‘the cops are going to start looking into you now’.  He got it from the name of a college/university.. but told Nardwuar in an older interview that is was taken from a trucking company haha.

6 minutes ago, curator said:

He changed it back when he joined Black Flag.  In an interview (I think with Marc Maron) he said Chuck told him ‘the cops are going to start looking into you now’.  He got it from the name of a college/university.. but told Nardwuar in an older interview that is was taken from a trucking company haha.

Wherever it came from he picked a good stage name.  Rollins is ways better than Garfield, not that there’s anything wrong with an orange lasagna loving cat.

9 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

Wherever it came from he picked a good stage name.  Rollins is ways better than Garfield, not that there’s anything wrong with an orange lasagna loving cat.

Fun fact: Ian MacKaye's sister was attending Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida at the time (alma matter of Mr. Rogers) and that's how he picked his new name. I believe he discussed that during his interview with Marc Maron.