Dischord – The First Six Records (6x7" boxset)

Question for those that did recieve the box set, did it ship from Greensboro? I have a package that hit my PO box this morning that I'm not going to be able to get for a while, all I know is the tracking# says it started in Greensboro, the tracking doesn't match any deliveries I'm expecting and I can't get the sender address. 

32 minutes ago, SNEAKORDS said:

Question for those that did recieve the box set, did it ship from Greensboro? I have a package that hit my PO box this morning that I'm not going to be able to get for a while, all I know is the tracking# says it started in Greensboro, the tracking doesn't match any deliveries I'm expecting and I can't get the sender address. 

I received mine on saturday and the tracking notification I had on my USPS informed delivery was from NC.  It was most likely the box, but I cant say for sure

If anyone, for whatever reason, doesn't want the actual box itself (not records, just box), please let me know. Mine was thrashed in shipping (records are still perfectly fine), but I'd like a functioning box. I already emailed them and offered to pay to have an empty box shipped to me, but no reply yet (and I hardly expect one at all). 

UPDATE: They are going to send me a replacement box! Amazing. :)

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

4 hours ago, SNEAKORDS said:

Received mine today (even though usps informed deliver didn’t say I had anything coming) and I checked the tracking number. Yes, says Greensboro so that should be it.

Also, didn’t know they were going to mimic the first pressings on all the 7”s.  Nice touch. 

Edited by Dhesketh
Damn autocorrect.

I saw someone post order #15500ish so probably closer to 16k sets. I knew resale prices would be at least double but looks like closer to 5 to 6 times that now, it could tame down and I hope it does for those who missed out since so many were listed before many of us even received them. Just got mine today, washed all 7 and going to break into the set after they dry. I am blown away with the packaging and everything looks perfect minus a couple light scuffs on the GI disc but I doubt it will even sound. I'll never throw down for originals so short of getting lucky at a garage sale/estate sale this is the closest I'll ever get to owning these in their original format. Been wanting these all since I started collecting and the Slinkees bonus single is icing on the cake

13 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

I can't believe these are already selling for 5 times what they cost on Discogs.  What a time to be alive.

I totally figured it would go for at least double immediately. It's the extra 7 inch that jacked it up, though. I shoulda bought a ton of copies and then bought a new guitar (evil flipper thoughts😂). It was up there forever, so if you didn't get one you must live in a cave with no wifi.

18 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I totally figured it would go for at least double immediately. It's the extra 7 inch that jacked it up, though. I shoulda bought a ton of copies and then bought a new guitar (evil flipper thoughts😂). It was up there forever, so if you didn't get one you must live in a cave with no wifi.

I only bought one too.  Had I known it was going to be a $300 item, I would have bought a few extra myself.  Surprisingly, 2 kids aren't cheap these days. 🤑

18 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

I only bought one too.  Had I known it was going to be a $300 item, I would have bought a few extra myself.  Surprisingly, 2 kids aren't cheap these days. 🤑

I imagine the people buying these at these prices are going to regret it when they see the pressing numbers...assuming it really is somewhere near 15,000

2 hours ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

I imagine the people buying these at these prices are going to regret it when they see the pressing numbers...assuming it really is somewhere near 15,000

These haven’t even fully shipped out yet. I know they were fulfilling them by order placed and I ordered near the end and haven’t seen any updates yet. The aftermarket will be flooded. 

Hey all, is there any chance anybody has an extra copy of this that they're willing to sell for less than 4-5x the original price? Very long story** but I had a copy coming and now I don't, and would love to still get one.

[spoiler]**The long story if anybody cares: I was graduating from college around the time pre-orders for this box set went up, so the person I was dating at the time's parents pre-ordered me a copy as a graduation gift. Well, in the time it took for these to be manufactured, the person I was dating cheated on me hard and then dumped me for the other person. So now I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be getting that graduation gift... I emailed Dischord and they put me on the waiting list for any overrun copies, but I don't want to put all of my eggs in that basket. If somebody happened to buy two and wasn't looking to flip it, I would be eternally greatful if you let me buy it at a fair, non-flipper price [/spoiler]

Edited by firehazardrecords
formatting. blarg. I guess spoiler tags don't work on here. Whatever.

7 hours ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

They will likely settle around $150-$200 (pure speculation) but with a nostalgia release of this magnitude it's liklely 90%+ of orders are to people who have been wanting this for years and would not want to sell after lusting after originals for so long. I finally got a chance and the whole set sounds wonderful (for what it is) and the packaging is otherworldy. One of my favorite records purchases in a long time, 13 year old me would hi five me so hard right now. I hope everyone is enjoying their sets just as much and I hope the unlucky few are able to find one for a reasonable price, I wouldn't even be mad if they did another run. 

1 hour ago, NapalmBrain said:

They will likely settle around $150-$200 (pure speculation) but with a nostalgia release of this magnitude it's liklely 90%+ of orders are to people who have been wanting this for years and would not want to sell after lusting after originals for so long. I finally got a chance and the whole set sounds wonderful (for what it is) and the packaging is otherworldy. One of my favorite records purchases in a long time, 13 year old me would hi five me so hard right now. I hope everyone is enjoying their sets just as much and I hope the unlucky few are able to find one for a reasonable price, I wouldn't even be mad if they did another run. 

That would be rad if they did another run. Maybe in a different color. Smart for business and also cuts down on the insanity. I'm all for Dischord making more money.