PO: Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! - Gone Are the Good Days

Hey dude are you ready to.... order a CNCC album in 2021?

New Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! album up for pre-order on Fearless.

First single "Bitter"

/500 2xLP Translucent Sweetart Vinyl https://chunknocaptainchunk.com/products/chunk-no-captain-chunk-gone-are-the-good-days-translucent-sweetart-vinyl/

/500 2xLP Opaque Sangria Vinyl https://chunknocaptainchunk.com/products/chunk-no-captain-chunk-gone-are-the-good-days-opaque-sangria-vinyl/

Tracklist:

1. Bitter
2. Drift Away
3. Gone Are The Good Days
4. Marigold
5. Made For More
6. True Colors
7. Good Luck
8. Complete You (feat. AJ Perdomo of The Dangerous Summer)
9. Blame It On This Song
10. Painkillers
11. Tongue Tied (feat. Yvette Young of Covet)
12. Fin.

Edited by MCDELTAT

When did JonTron join the band? 😄

I always thought they had a ridiculous name and wanted to dislike them because of how annoying some kids in one of the old pop punk groups used to be about this band.  But I couldn't deny that Pardon My French was good. Guys were friendly when I met them briefly at Warped too. Good to see another album.

Edited by SpaceAmbient

Total side note here, but I was looking for an older interview so I could hear their accent and came across the cringiest interview with them. Did not age well at all, and I can immediately remember how many guys used to be like this in the scene. Bryan asks questions like "What's your favorite part of the female body?" and Bertrand says "If you don't listen to our band you're a fag."

Oh jeez, cancel culture at it's finest. Are we seriously digging up 10 year old interviews to find something to be offended about? Everyone talked that way back then. Was it wrong, yes. Which is why it stopped. Are we going to cancel an entire generation over it? No. Move on.

I can't wait until 10 years from now when the younger generation start taking offense at everything 20-something year olds think is normal today.

Bought another copy of the album just because of this post. 😁

19 minutes ago, SpaceAmbient said:

Oh jeez, cancel culture at it's finest. Are we seriously digging up 10 year old interviews to find something to be offended about? Everyone talked that way back then. Was it wrong, yes. Which is why it stopped. Are we going to cancel an entire generation over it? No. Move on.

Yeah... this wasn't an attempt at cancelling them at all. It was more a "I wanted to hear their French accents and wound up remembering how horrible we all were" (myself included).

Removing anything controversial from the clip, I'd still say it's a really bad interview in general. I'm sure it was supposed to just make them look like goofy, cute, french guys so that teen-girls would watch it. There's like 1% discussion of what their band actually does or sounds like.

Gotcha. I only watched a few seconds to get the jist of it. Yeah, that kind of language was cringe. I called a buddy out for it back in the day and he started accusing me of being gay for taking offense. We were all assholes. Few of us would want to be judged years later for some of the stupid shit we went along with when we were young and dumb. 😆

19 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Total side note here, but I was looking for an older interview so I could hear their accent and came across the cringiest interview with them. Did not age well at all, and I can immediately remember how many guys used to be like this in the scene. Bryan asks questions like "What's your favorite part of the female body?" and Bertrand says "If you don't listen to our band you're a fag."

In all fairness they could be the nicest guys in the world but it wouldn’t change the fact that their music is garbage 

On 5/17/2021 at 9:39 PM, MyckelJay said:

Never been a fan of the way these guys treat their fans. They're talented, but their egos overshadow their talent. 

How exactly do they treat their fans? What happened exactly? You must be right about something if it's taking this long to sell out /500 on only two variants.

And are we talking about "fans" here or are they just giving an attitude back to people who give it to them? The scene is/was full of entitlement and immature trolls, so I can totally understand if some people develop a knee jerk reaction. I know I have a tendency to play devil's advocate and provide alternative perspectives to popular opinions, which makes me quite unpopular at times. I'd rather go against the grain than to follow the mob in the wrong direction. 🤷‍♂️

A side note, I really don't follow this band much and was never huge in to them. I just know everyone seemed to love them about 10 years ago and I initially wanted to hate them for that reason, but that PMF album was too good to hate. 😆

On 5/26/2021 at 2:49 PM, SpaceAmbient said:

How exactly do they treat their fans? What happened exactly? You must be right about something if it's taking this long to sell out /500 on only two variants.

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:30

And are we talking about "fans" here or are they just giving an attitude back to people who give it to them? 😆

I would assume they were fans. The encounter that I had with them was at Warped Tour, whenever the last year they were on was. I went to their signing with my friend. It lasted for like, half an hour. People would ask to take photos with them, and I heard them say countless times to the people asking, "sorry, we don't do pictures." But almost every single girl who asked for a photo, they allowed; just not the guys. Then we get to the point where there are 3 or 4 people in front of us before we get to the signing table. There's maybe 5 people behind us until the end of the line. Without saying a word, they all just drop their markers and walk away. The 10 or so of us remaining are just all kind of looking around at each other like, "what the hell just happened?" Then a guy comes out (I assume their manager?) and says, "Uuuuhh, sorry about that. I guess... they... have to go... somewhere." He handed the next 2 people a pre-signed poster, which was nice. Then less than twenty minutes later they are posting about playing videos games in their bus.

That was enough for me. I don't think musicians are obligated to take photos or sign posters. But they should at least treat their fans with some respect. 

That does sound pretty lame.  You would think a band would be stoked to spend time with adoring fans before or after a performance, I know I would.

I caught them near the end of their signing at Warped as well, was literally the last person in line. Bought a CD and was able to get all members except the singer to sign it. Singer had his arm around some girl who was just ahead of me in line and they wandered off together before I could get his signature. Mentioned something to the band members "where is the singer?" and they looked around saying "I don't know." Kinda irked me at the time, but I can't say I wouldn't have done the same in his situation. I also didn't make much effort to catch his attention before he wandered off when I probably could've asked for a quick sig if I really wanted to interrupt his game. Rest of the band members were nice during my brief interaction.

Edited by SpaceAmbient