PO: Mouse Rat - The Awesome Album (Parks & Rec)

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, N8TRU said:

https://uproxx.com/indie/chris-pratt-mouse-rat-album-refuse-promote/

I suspected this. At least a few key people involved were out of the loop.

This is completely different than someone licensing a real album that real musicians made and honestly just makes Chris Pratt look like a giant dounche for mulling the idea over anyways to potentially have a platinum album. Him realizing it would never go platinum is the real reason he doesn't want to promote it.

8 hours ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

This is completely different than someone licensing a real album that real musicians made and honestly just makes Chris Pratt look like a giant dounche for mulling the idea over anyways to potentially have a platinum album. Him realizing it would never go platinum is the real reason he doesn't want to promote it.

Not that it's any better, but the real reason is stated. He states that he wasn't going to be compensated for it so he's not promoting it. He then goes on to say this about the guy that actually wrote the songs:

"I just hope that Mark Rivers gets compensated, ’cause that dude is the heart and soul and brains and talent behind Mouse Rat. So, if anything, I would just advocate that Mark be taken care of because he did such a great job."

6 hours ago, derkwithano said:

Not that it's any better, but the real reason is stated. He states that he wasn't going to be compensated for it so he's not promoting it. He then goes on to say this about the guy that actually wrote the songs:

"I just hope that Mark Rivers gets compensated, ’cause that dude is the heart and soul and brains and talent behind Mouse Rat. So, if anything, I would just advocate that Mark be taken care of because he did such a great job."

True now it looks like "if I can't get a platinum album, and I don't get compensated, will you AT LEAST pay the guy that should have had the credit before me anyways?" Lmao

The platinum album comment was clearly in jest. Obviously it's on a different scale, but this has played out endlessly as the vinyl bubble has gotten bigger and bigger: a band finds out that some rinky-dink label like Enjoy the Ride has licensed their album from whatever corporate entity owns it, and are reissuing it without ever talking to anyone who made the music. It's obviously above board on the legal side of things, but everyone on the creative side has a right to be bummed that they didn't have any input on the project.