Vagrant 25 Years Vinyl Represses

I agree that the strained vocals actually benefit the songs. Musically Good Mourning was a shift towards a more polished rock sound that became much more apparent on later albums. The strained vocals tie it a little better to earlier material, which I prefer.

Edited by throwgncpr

3 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

I agree that the strained vocals actually benefit the songs. Musically Good Mourning was a shift towards a more polished rock sound that became much more apparent on later albums. The strained vocals tie it a little better to earlier material, which I prefer.

Now that I’m actually listening for it I can hear it but agree, it suits the album. 
I actually prefer Dan’s songs anyway. Blue Carolina is a fucking great song. 

1 hour ago, Skacel said:

Wouldn’t mind hearing the demos, where can I find them?

Great question! Around the time this came out my friend worked at Doghouse who was like tight with Vagrant people. He gave me a cdr of the demos like in the early 2000s but I can’t find it. 

They’ve gotta be on the internet somewhere I’ll see if I can track down! They are just really great, like unpolished versions of the tunes. I personally always loved this LP and I actually attribute it to being a little sloppy and part of that is Skibas vocals.  

6 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

still mesmerized with these overpriced newbury exclusives. how can they get away with it?? the same record from the same pressing costs 20 from the label.

I agree. I only post this stuff to share it for folks since I have alerts set up in the very rare case something pops up I can’t live without. But for real, pricing is wild and they seem to sell out pretty quick.