Vagrant 25 Years Vinyl Represses

On 1/10/2022 at 10:35 PM, tokimedo said:

Anyone know when the second batch of alchemy index box sets were supposed to go out? The ones if you didn’t make it in the first 1300. 

Didn't they just say after the new year? I'm anxious for mine to show up, but I'm sure there are/will continue to be lots of delays.

There's a new Amazon entry for an "On a Wire" vinyl, with release date set as today, and shipping in March.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09RFVHS9C/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3VWSNBXYNPVS3&keywords=the+get+up+kids+vinyl+on+a+wire&qid=1643400366&sprefix=the+get+up+kids+vinyl+on+a+wir%2Caps%2C115&sr=8-1

I wonder which one this is... Either the Vagrant variant or a different one/standard black?

8 minutes ago, HardlineKid said:

There's a new Amazon entry for an "On a Wire" vinyl, with release date set as today, and shipping in March.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09RFVHS9C/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3VWSNBXYNPVS3&keywords=the+get+up+kids+vinyl+on+a+wire&qid=1643400366&sprefix=the+get+up+kids+vinyl+on+a+wir%2Caps%2C115&sr=8-1

I wonder which one this is... Either the Vagrant variant or a different one/standard black?

Some kind of limited edition. Curious if it's an Amazon Exclusive.

8 hours ago, MacDonals said:

When I read the description on Newbury Comics it said this was their third album and thought "wow that was a steep drop off in quality..."

It was a conscious decision…they go into it on the Vagrant podcast. Album has a couple of great songs but overall was a dud IMO. With that being said…I bought it on vinyl a few years back on sale because I’m a sucker for nostalgia. 

1 hour ago, derkwithano said:

It was a conscious decision…they go into it on the Vagrant podcast. Album has a couple of great songs but overall was a dud IMO. With that being said…I bought it on vinyl a few years back on sale because I’m a sucker for nostalgia. 

Overall a dud?! Are you LOCO, man? Album is great front to back. Miles better than Guilt show, which people around here have some kind of boner for for sure. Y'all wild.

10 hours ago, ejc625 said:

Some kind of limited edition. Curious if it's an Amazon Exclusive.

Besides FATA (it was an error as the hype sticker says colored vinyl) all of the anniversary presses had a colored retail variant. 100% sure it's not amazon exclusive though. 

5 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Overall a dud?! Are you LOCO, man? Album is great front to back. Miles better than Guilt show, which people around here have some kind of boner for for sure. Y'all wild.

Agreed… ‘On a Wire’ has some of my favorite Get Up Kid songs on it. 

Edited by januarytwenty

I maintain if the order of release had been STWHA - GS - OAW, they'd have been a much bigger band. Energetic pop punk bangers - big radio songs - slower, more mature critic-bait. Would've picked up far more listeners than they lost. Obvs in this alternate timeline we don't get Rob's world class bass playing for Spoon, and James Dewees would probably be dead.

33 minutes ago, Vince Ives said:

I maintain if the order of release had been STWHA - GS - OAW, they'd have been a much bigger band. Energetic pop punk bangers - big radio songs - slower, more mature critic-bait. Would've picked up far more listeners than they lost. Obvs in this alternate timeline we don't get Rob's world class bass playing for Spoon, and James Dewees would probably be dead.

OTW still much better album IMO, but guilt show does sound like the bridge between those albums