Vagrant 25 Years Vinyl Represses

Looks like sound the alarm is coming in october in the repress series too. No detailed info. 

Also fuck that LPs cost 30+ bucks at cheap retailers now. 

https://www.popmarket.com/sound-the-alarm/4050538784282

Meh it looks like 2x10" too. Fuck this trend also. 

https://www.musicdirect.com/music/vinyl/saves-the-day-sound-the-alarm-colored-2-x-10-vinyl-lp/

Edited by xfactor675

8 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Looks like sound the alarm is coming in october in the repress series too. No detailed info. 

Also fuck that LPs cost 30+ bucks at cheap retailers now. 

https://www.popmarket.com/sound-the-alarm/4050538784282

Meh it looks like 2x10" too. Fuck this trend also. 

https://www.musicdirect.com/music/vinyl/saves-the-day-sound-the-alarm-colored-2-x-10-vinyl-lp/

It's crazy. I'm in Canada, almost every record is $50 with shipping and exchange rate. My record collecting has gone down hill, really gotta pick and choose these days. 

Edited by Look_mexico

22 minutes ago, erousso said:

If the 2x10" came in 12" sleeves I'd probably consider getting them but I'm anal about my collection looking flush lol. 

This is what I’m hoping for, but even then it’s still a waste of money on vagrants part.  
I’ve heard lately that 7 inches are getting more expensive to press so I can’t imagine why do a 10 inch, let alone a double one.

a double Lp would have sounded better and been cheaper.

i can’t imagine why they would do this unless it’s a FU to Chris Conley 

12 minutes ago, crossedoutname said:

This is what I’m hoping for, but even then it’s still a waste of money on vagrants part.  
I’ve heard lately that 7 inches are getting more expensive to press so I can’t imagine why do a 10 inch, let alone a double one.

a double Lp would have sounded better and been cheaper.

i can’t imagine why they would do this unless it’s a FU to Chris Conley 

Maybe it's quicker queue at the plant since there are less 10in being pressed? Of course this would only make sense if they didn't request at the same time that all these titles be pressed, which is unlikely...

Didn't someone post on here that Alkaline Trio said they'd be repressing GM as a double 10in? Maybe the Vagrant anniversary presses left will now be in this format.

Also hoping that this pattern didn't start with Still Searching, as Newbury originally had it as a double 10in on their site...

Edited by HardlineKid

29 minutes ago, HardlineKid said:

Also hoping that this pattern didn't start with Still Searching, as Newbury originally had it as a double 10in on their site...

yeah I hope that’s not true. I don’t think we ever got positive confirmation on that. It’d honestly be pretty lame to have all the new represses as 12” and then a 2x10”. I generally sort by size so this would be upsetting either way I put them.

1 minute ago, MCDELTAT said:

yeah I hope that’s not true. I don’t think we ever got positive confirmation on that. It’d honestly be pretty lame to have all the new represses as 12” and then a 2x10”. I generally sort by size so this would be upsetting either way I put them.

And right as they started releasing the more sought after records..

2 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

All the mockups I've seen actually look like 12” records, but everything says there is some 10” involved whether one or two. I think the only reason anyone is holding out hope on these being 12” is the mockups. I'll be really bummed if the Hey Mercedes repress ends up being a 2x10. (if they do it.)

I don't hate 10” but like you said, I sort them in a different spot than the rest of my records, and as of right now I only have 15 10” so they're wayyyyy down at the end of my collection. I forget they're there most of the time.

11 minutes ago, 75 percent oof said:

All the mockups I've seen actually look like 12” records, but everything says there is some 10” involved whether one or two. I think the only reason anyone is holding out hope on these being 12” is the mockups. I'll be really bummed if the Hey Mercedes repress ends up being a 2x10. (if they do it.)

I don't hate 10” but like you said, I sort them in a different spot than the rest of my records, and as of right now I only have 15 10” so they're wayyyyy down at the end of my collection. I forget they're there most of the time.

So I know mockups are photoshopped, but I just compared the Vagrant 25 sticker on that SWYA mockup to one of the Anniversary pressings (which are 12 in) and the sticker on the SWYA appears to take more space relative to the jacket...

Also did this comparison to the SS mockup, and the size of the sticker is closer to my real life Anniversary copy than to SWYA, so if this is any indication then SS is 12in and SWYA is indeed a 10in

Separate thought (hence the separate post)

Does anyone expect a Vagrant Webstore exclusive of SWYA? I've held off on the retail and Newbury variants because the webstore versions are usually nicer and cheaper to ship. Anyone have an idea? We didn't end up getting a SS webstore exclusive, but we did see that Zia exclusive to go with Newbury and retail.

Edited by HardlineKid

1 hour ago, HardlineKid said:

Maybe it's quicker queue at the plant since there are less 10in being pressed? Of course this would only make sense if they didn't request at the same time that all these titles be pressed, which is unlikely...

Didn't someone post on here that Alkaline Trio said they'd be repressing GM as a double 10in? Maybe the Vagrant anniversary presses left will now be in this format.

Maybe it's a quicker queue but at this point I think we are all used to long lead times so I'd rather wait and get a 12" than a double 10". Judging from the reactions it seems like people don't really want the 10" drops. 

I reallllllly hope GM isn't a double 10". 

1 hour ago, HardlineKid said:

Separate thought (hence the separate post)

Does anyone expect a Vagrant Webstore exclusive of SWYA? I've held off on the retail and Newbury variants because the webstore versions are usually nicer and cheaper to ship. Anyone have an idea? We didn't end up getting a SS webstore exclusive, but we did see that Zia exclusive to go with Newbury and retail.

there will probably be a splatter based on this:
https://shop.hasslerecords.com/products/saves-the-day-stay-what-you-are

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.newburycomics.com/collections/exclusive-vinyl/products/senses_fail-life_is_not_a_waiting_room_exclusive_2lp?variant=41937258676404

Life is not a waiting room. Another double 10"

Seems like this is how they're pressing these Vagrant anniversary releases going forward...

EDIT: aaaaaand another Zia exclusive

https://www.ziarecords.com/p/13712723/senses-fail-life-is-not-a-waiting-room-zia-exclusive-silver-2x10-limited-to-500

Edited by HardlineKid

Sigh. I will pick this up, because I've been wanting a SF discography collection for a while, but 2x10" is weird when it happily fit on a single LP. I'm assuming it's just because they found a plant that had a separate queue for 10" records and it was the only way to allow them to churn through so many releases and variants in a year.

19 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Sigh. I will pick this up, because I've been wanting a SF discography collection for a while, but 2x10" is weird when it happily fit on a single LP. I'm assuming it's just because they found a plant that had a separate queue for 10" records and it was the only way to allow them to churn through so many releases and variants in a year.

Agreed, though MAYBE this one will sound a bit better than the previous OG press. This is my favorite SF album, so i'll most definitely been picking it up. 

17 hours ago, lostcrimes said:

Oh dang, $24 with shipping is not too shabby, thanks for the heads up!