Vagrant 25 Years Vinyl Represses

12 hours ago, lostcrimes said:

It's the retail variant 

I had read that somewhere too, but just figured it was wrong since it sold out so quickly on the Vagrant store. Interesting. I got the baby blue and pink pinwheel variant because I liked it better; cool to know it's (presumably) the more limited variant.

On 10/15/2022 at 12:38 AM, lostcrimes said:

I just got my copy and god damn it sounds like shit. I guess it’s due to the awful mastering this record got in general

16 minutes ago, zuck said:

First press sounded shitty too.

21 minutes ago, Colton said:

I just got my copy and god damn it sounds like shit. I guess it’s due to the awful mastering this record got in general

I wonder if it was mastered so poorly because the entire thing was tracked live. Not saying live tracking cant sound good...but maybe not this genre of music translates well? Just a thought

I figured that was the case. The description said black with yellow splatter. Yellow with black splatter was the colorway for the Joshua Tree live recording of Still Searching.

Very glad I was right, because those Joshua Tree records didn't come out looking very nice. Splatter on anything other than clear looks like shit (unless it's "heavy" splatter and even then you run the risk of it looking too loud)

popmarket has the bled UK variants in stock and on sale 

https://www.popmarket.com/search?mod=AP&q=bled&ar=The+Bled|847058

also if you buy 3+ in stock items you can get 15% off with code GHOULS15 until 10.31. 

If you don't want to buy 3 records the standard THANKS10 gives you 10% so with the latter you can get flood 26 shipped, and silent treatment 27 shipped. pretty good for hand numbered imports.

also vagrant store has 2 new (for me) flood variants 

https://vagrant.com/collections/vinyl

Edited by xfactor675

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, geezfools said:

They're really giving Newbury a run for their money.

I'm going to hold off on this record until the next Newbury sale where I inevitably spend over $100 and qualify for free shipping. It's gotten to the point where if you're patient, Newbury might be cheaper.... and usually a nicer variant.

Edited by HardlineKid

20 minutes ago, HardlineKid said:

They're really giving Newbury a run for their money.

I'm going to hold off on this record until the next Newbury sale where I inevitably spend over $100 and qualify for free shipping. It's gotten to the point where if you're patient, Newbury might be cheaper.... and usually a nicer variant.

Definitely been doing the same on some of the releases I know I want, but don't NEED need. Has saved me a few bucks for sure. Sucks we have to do that though.

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

Nice variant. Curious if this album is still a 2x10”. It’d make no sense since every other SF repress they’ve done has been an LP or 2xLP. Also says it ships now but none of the earlier variants have shipped yet.

Def still a double 10”.  If you zoom in, the A side label only has 3 songs.