PO Now: Almost Famous OST

12 hours ago, Carden said:

Lol, there are 1,211 of the /1,500 super deluxe in stock, which means they either only put around 250 in the shop the first time or its not actually limited to 1,500

Cameron’s producer confirmed it’s /2000

not sure which one im getting.  Love this soundtrack.   It always bugged me that so many songs were missing off of the 2LP

2 hours ago, bear801 said:

Cameron’s producer confirmed it’s /2000

not sure which one im getting.  Love this soundtrack.   It always bugged me that so many songs were missing off of the 2LP

The video ad thing says it's /2,000 and the website it's for sale on says it's /1,500

There's lots of little things they could be clearer about.

Like, Thunderclap Newman is on the tracklisting for the standard soundtrack but not the expanded one in the deluxe boxsets 

And does the super deluxe actually come in a box or is it only the uber deluxe

Anyway, it seems they were holding back stock with the aim of putting the boxsets on their UK and European websites and now those branches have decided not to stock them so they've put them all on the US site 

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, coolio said:

So, maybe stupid question, but who exactly is in the band that plays on the Stillwater album? I’m guessing jason lee is lip syncing in the movie, but that can’t be him on the album is it? 

Mike McCready and Nancy Wilson played guitar.  Marti Frederiksen was the vocalist.

fwiw,  I didn't know the Target version has a different/altered tracklist from the retail black version until it arrived - it also is a standard gloss jacket, different gatefold photos and standard weight, whereas the retail black is matte with gloss on the glasses, 180g. 

Stayed away from the box due to the dialogue tracks.

Spine on Target reads 'deluxe edition', which is omitted from the retail spine.

Edited by nate_8907
more info