NFL Discussion

Also wanted to add why did he even intercept it. Usually they are taught to knock the ball away in that situation. Had he simply don't that none of this is being talked about.

thats a good question. 99% of the time a ball in that high of traffic is batted down for the game. I also saw that Wilson called the wrong play in the huddle.

thats a good question. 99% of the time a ball in that high of traffic is batted down for the game. I also saw that Wilson called the wrong play in the huddle.

a.) he intercepted it, so it was a good decision,

b.) defensive pass interference would probably have been called had he swatted at the ball and hit Tates arms, especially with the terrible penalty calling the refs had ALL game

Also wanted to add why did he even intercept it. Usually they are taught to knock the ball away in that situation. Had he simply don't that none of this is being talked about.

probably because the ball was headed straight towards his chest - but youre right. the player that tate pushed to the ground was more in a position to try and bat the ball down because i dont think he could have outright caught the ball. in anycase, the nfl's official statement is an absolute joke that insults the fans intelligence of the game. i bet if someone had the time and resources, they could dig up hundreds of similar plays where a play like that was ruled an interception - in various game situations, no less.

in fairness, the regular ref's fucked up calls too. ed hochuli and that den / sd game from a few years ago comes to mind. or the lions / bears from a season or two ago where a game winning TD was voided, etc. the problem with this particular call is there is literally no grey area. i have no idea how you can say the possession is tied when the GB defender had two hands on the ball against his chest while literally laying on top of the WR.

there have been crazy plays on hail mary passes that get batted away lately. look at the detroit - tennessee game from Sunday. last year was that michigan st. - wisconsin game. so just knocking it down or batting it away does not always work out because you could incidentally direct it right into the opponent's hands.

there have been crazy plays on hail mary passes that get batted away lately. look at the detroit - tennessee game from Sunday. last year was that michigan st. - wisconsin game. so just knocking it down or batting it away does not always work out because you could incidentally direct it right into the opponent's hands.

exactly. or get called for Def. PI, leading to the team getting a free play on the 1 yard line.

That happens 1% of the time. Its still the preferred choice to knock the ball down in that situation

I don't think so. The prevailing method of completing the hail mary is trying to bat the ball, and hoping it goes in an offensive players direction. That's how all those plays end up completed (saw it on Sunday in Tennessee). If you want to say the correct method is to essentially scoop the ball backwards out of the end zone away from everyone, then this is safe. Doesn't seem like anyone really tries it (at least none come to mind).

Whatever strategy the defense employs, the offensive success rate is going to be about 1%.

there were a couple of problems with the Tennessee play. in any case you are taught to bat the ball. However, the other offensive players should be tailing the other receivers so if a ball is batted, the defensive player should have the others covered. Detriot didn't do this. Instead someone blew their assignment and got hop happy in the endzone and jumped for the ball.

Alright, let's hear your thoughts on my terrible WR situation:

R. White

R. Cobb

D. Bryant

M. Colston

B. LeFell

A. Jeffrey

Pick 2/3 (if Fred Jackson is back, I'm taking the chance with him as my flex). I want to start Roddy White and I think Randal Cobb can tear up New Orleans...but it just isn't pretty.

due to kevin smith becoming completely useless out of fucking no where, i traded andre johnson for mccoy today.

thrilled belichik isnt getting hit with a suspension. because that would have been utter bullshit.

Alright, let's hear your thoughts on my terrible WR situation:

R. White

R. Cobb

D. Bryant

M. Colston

B. LeFell

A. Jeffrey

Pick 2/3 (if Fred Jackson is back, I'm taking the chance with him as my flex). I want to start Roddy White and I think Randal Cobb can tear up New Orleans...but it just isn't pretty.

Roddy for sure. I'd roll with Dez. Too early to give up on your guys.

anyone giving up on Nelson already is making a mistake. packers have played three good defensive teams (SF, CHI, SEA) in the first three weeks going up against the Saints who cant stop anything. now, if Nelson doesnt perform this weekend i'd start sitting, but im not sure dropping completely was the right move... unless you have a stacked roster and cant afford to drop anyone else...

also, should i sell high on Big Ben right now? Ive got Ben and Rodgers as QB.

traded Decker for CJ2K. I don't have to start CJ. Riding the pine until he has 2 or 3 respectable games in a row (if ever). Oh well, it's a gamble.

i like it. i was throwing trade offers to my buddy earlier last week to get Johnson. If he sparks, it will be well worth it (which i'm not ruling out). Tennessee says they still like him and want to get him more involved.

also, definitely don't give up on nelson. he is playing N.O (non-existent) defense. if you have any gb packers, you definitely play them this week, especially coming off monday nights loss. new orleans going 0-4.

so my trade for mccoy was declined, and then he offered mccoy, ogletree, lafell for mjd and johnson.

i just couldnt do it. those 2 guys are really the only studs on my team, and theres no evidence that week 1 was any more than a fluke for ogletree.

The thing with Nelson was that there was no way he was going to repeat that production with under 70 catches again. You can't count on a guy breaking 70+ yard touchdowns all year. He even admitted it to the press -- teams underestimated his speed (because he is white) and didn't gameplan for him. Now they are (especially with Jennings injured).

He's still a guy you have to start every week. I think you are partly seeing regression to the mean which is going to continue all year. He is going to finish with 800 yards and 7 TDs or something like that. Not gonna live up to 2nd or 3rd round pick. Gonna be more of a decent #2 or great #3 guy.

I've thought about and maybe I shouldn't have it right dropped nelson. I have malcolm floyd on my bench and his numbers have been steady. I agree with teams actually staying to gameplan against nelson which is why I thought about doing him.

Either way I'm stacked at receiver but screwed at running back. I should have figured forte would get hurt and turner hasn't been a good replacement.